Bhanwari Devi: CBI felicitates Raj, Maha Police
New Delhi: The Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) felicitated the Rajasthan and Maharashtra Police for their close co-ordination in unraveling the Bhanwari Devi case, said an official statement released here Friday.
"An eight member team of Rajasthan Police and a two member team of Maharashtra Police (Pune) were honoured by Director of CBI with commendation certificates and monetary reward," said the statement.
According to the statement, while the Rajasthan Police got a cheque of Rs four lakh for providing information leading to the arrest of absconding accused Bishnaram, their counterparts from Maharashtra got a cheque of Rs.one lakh for his arrest from Lonawala (Maharashtra).
"The coordination between the state police and the CBI in special crime cases is essential for successful investigation as it supplements knowledge of local issues to CBI`s expertise in investigation," said Director, CBI, Amar Pratap Singh.
"The investigation in Bhanwari Devi Case was extremely difficult but a breakthrough was possible due to this coordinated effort," he added.
Moved by reports about the sad plight of the Devi`s family, all the three forces have decided to contribute Rs.1.5 lakh to the welfare of the children of the victim.
While Rajasthan and Maharasthra Police would be contributing Rs. one lakh, Rs.50,000 would be given by CBI.
Bhanwari Devi, allegedly shown in a compromising position with sacked Rajasthan minister Mahipal Maderna in a CD, had gone missing Sep 1 last year.
It is alleged that three kidnappers - Shahabuddin, Sohan Lal and Baldev Jat alias Balia - kidnapped Bhanwari from Bilara in Jodhpur rural Sep 1, killed her and then handed over her body to a gang of criminals headed by Bishnaram Bishnoi who burnt the body and dumped her remains into a canal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre