Bhanwari Devi: Court reads out charges against Mad
Jodhpur: A local court on Monday read out the charges against Mahipal Maderna, the former Rajasthan minister who is one of the main accused in Bhanwari Devi abduction and murder case.
Additional Chief Judicial Magistrate Girish Kumar Sharma read out the charges against Maderna, who was present in the court during the hearing.
Earlier on October 4, court had framed charges against 16 accused including Maderna and Malkhan Singh Bishnoi.
The reading of charges for Maderna and Bishnoi was however deferred till today as the two were not present during the hearing.
Senior Special Counsel of CBI Ashok Joshi said the case was deferred as presence of accused is mandatory during framing of charges.
While Maderna was out of jail following the death of his mother, Bishnoi is admitted to a hospital in Jaipur for surgery, he said.
"As Maderna appeared today, the court read out charges against him and adjourned proceedings till October 30 to read out the charges against Bishnoi, who is still admitted in the hospital," Joshi said.
Maderna and Bishnoi were booked under various sections of IPC including section 120 B (criminal conspiracy), 201 (cause the evidences to disappear), 302 (murder), 364 (abduction with in intention of murder) of IPC and SC/ST Act.
As many as 17 people have been made accused into the case, of which two persons -- Paras Ram Bishnoi and Om Prakash Bishnoi -- have been granted bail on account of revised charges by the court.
The 17th accused Indra Bishnoi is still absconding and the CBI has already initiated action for auctioning her property.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Ayodhya dispute: SC asks parties to solve matter amicably, offers mediation
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today