Bhanwari Devi killed, CBI tells HC
Jodhpur: The Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) on Tuesday submitted its status report on its investigation so far in the case of missing midwife nurse Bhanwari Devi to the Rajasthan High Court and claimed that she had been killed at the behest of some politicians.
It is for the first time that the central probe agency, which submitted its status report before the Jodhpur bench of the Rajasthan High Court, has formally admitted that the nurse is dead, four months after she went missing.
CBI recently claimed a breakthrough in the case when it recovered the remains of the nurse`s body. Her son Sahil later confirmed that some of the items recovered from a 25-foot-deep crater and the canal, including a watch and some jewellery, belonged to his mother Bhanwari Devi.
Teams of Central Forensic Science Laboratory and the CBI recovered two guns, a gunny bag, a bat, some bone fragments, a charred mobile phone, ear rings, a locket, watch and bracelet during a search that continued for three days.
Bhanwari Devi, allegedly shown in a compromising position with sacked Rajasthan minister Mahipal Maderna in a CD, had gone missing Sep 1 last year.
The case has seen the arrest of Maderna and Congress legislator from Luni constituency Malkhan Singh.
In a charge sheet filed earlier by the CBI, it was alleged that three men abducted the nurse from Jodhpur`s Bilara area September 1, killed her and then gave her body to a gang of criminals headed by Bishnaram Bishnoi.
According to the CBI sorces, Maderna and Malkhan Singh were hand-in-glove in the entire conspiracy as the nurse was blackmailing both of them.
The two politicians allegedly roped in Sahiram Bishnoi, who hired Sohan Lal, Balia and Shahabuddin for the task of abducting the nurse.
Maderna, Malkhan Singh, the three kidnappers and Sahiram along with Amarchand, husband of Bhanwari Devi, have been arrested by the CBI. Amarchand is at present in judicial custody.
The CBI arrested Malkhan Singh`s brother Parasram Bishnoi, as well as two others -Umesharam and Omprakash Bishnoi.
The Jodhpur bench has posted the matter for next hearing on February 21.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Muslims worldwide had celebrated after 9/11: Donald Trump
- PM Modi congratulates Zee News for its efforts to promote energy conservation
- Reptile fossil explains how snakes lost their legs
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way