Bhanwari Devi killed, CBI tells HC
Jodhpur: The Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) on Tuesday submitted its status report on its investigation so far in the case of missing midwife nurse Bhanwari Devi to the Rajasthan High Court and claimed that she had been killed at the behest of some politicians.
It is for the first time that the central probe agency, which submitted its status report before the Jodhpur bench of the Rajasthan High Court, has formally admitted that the nurse is dead, four months after she went missing.
CBI recently claimed a breakthrough in the case when it recovered the remains of the nurse`s body. Her son Sahil later confirmed that some of the items recovered from a 25-foot-deep crater and the canal, including a watch and some jewellery, belonged to his mother Bhanwari Devi.
Teams of Central Forensic Science Laboratory and the CBI recovered two guns, a gunny bag, a bat, some bone fragments, a charred mobile phone, ear rings, a locket, watch and bracelet during a search that continued for three days.
Bhanwari Devi, allegedly shown in a compromising position with sacked Rajasthan minister Mahipal Maderna in a CD, had gone missing Sep 1 last year.
The case has seen the arrest of Maderna and Congress legislator from Luni constituency Malkhan Singh.
In a charge sheet filed earlier by the CBI, it was alleged that three men abducted the nurse from Jodhpur`s Bilara area September 1, killed her and then gave her body to a gang of criminals headed by Bishnaram Bishnoi.
According to the CBI sorces, Maderna and Malkhan Singh were hand-in-glove in the entire conspiracy as the nurse was blackmailing both of them.
The two politicians allegedly roped in Sahiram Bishnoi, who hired Sohan Lal, Balia and Shahabuddin for the task of abducting the nurse.
Maderna, Malkhan Singh, the three kidnappers and Sahiram along with Amarchand, husband of Bhanwari Devi, have been arrested by the CBI. Amarchand is at present in judicial custody.
The CBI arrested Malkhan Singh`s brother Parasram Bishnoi, as well as two others -Umesharam and Omprakash Bishnoi.
The Jodhpur bench has posted the matter for next hearing on February 21.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy