Bhanwari Devi murder case: Parasram Bishnoi surrenders
Jodhpur: Parasram Bishnoi, a co-accused in the Bhanwari Devi abduction and murder case and brother of main accused Malkhan Singh Bishnoi on Tuesday surrendered before a local court, and claimed the entire case was a "fabricated one".
"It was a conspiracy to wipe out our family by framing us using CBI in this false case. There is a veteran Congress leader behind all this, whose name I will disclose soon," Bishnoi told reporters moments before surrendering before the court.
He also alleged that the CBI has acted at the behest of this leader and had framed me in the case falsely. He said he was innocent and would soon come out clean. "The conspiracy will soon be laid bare," he added.
The ACJM (SC/ST Cases) court had on March 23 issued an arrest warrant against him after he did not appear in the court on the scheduled dates of hearing.
Bishnoi kept trying every possible way to evade arrest like filing bail application to challenging the warrant and even questioning the jurisdiction of the court and justification of the appointment of CBI counsels.
Referring to his evading arrest, Bishnoi said that he was to appear before a Mumbai court in connection with some other matter and later waited for the decision on his bail.
"I never evaded the arrest as I have full trust in and respect for the court and keeping my words, I have surrendered before the court today," he said.
"When he appeared in the court, magistrate Mahendra Kumar read out the charges against him, which were earlier dropped by the same court, and were pending following the high court`s order to the lower court to re-frame the dropped charges," said the CBI`s counsel.
From the court, Bishnoi was sent to the jail again after about 18 months. Earlie, he was bailed out by the court on October 4, 2012 following the dropping of non-bailable charges 120 (B), 302 and 364 of the IPC against him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- Death toll climbs to over 1400 as intense heatwave continues in India