Bhanwari Devi: Wristwatch, bone pieces recovered
Jodhpur: In the latest development in the Bhanwari Devi case, police divers on Saturday recovered a ladies wrist watch and some pieces of bones and few other articles from the Rajiv Gandhi Canal near Jaloda village where her remains were allegedly dumped.
"A wrist watch, some pieces of bones and a few articles, including a ring and a locket, were recovered from the canal. It is subject to verification whether the articles were of Bhanwari Devi," a police official said.
The Rajasthan government has stopped water supply to the canal to enable the CBI to locate the remains of Bhanwari Devi.
Kailash Jakhar, an accused in the case, had told CBI that he and his accomplice Bishnaram Bishnoi were handed over Bhanwari`s body on September 1, 2011 after which they burnt it in a crater near Jaloda and threw the remains in the canal.
CBI officials said they will bring Bishnaram at the spot in Jaloda village, about 150 km from Jodhpur, for verification of these articles.
Bishnaram Bishnoi was arrested near Pune in Maharashtra Wednesday while Jakhar, believed to be the owner of a jeep used to dispose the body, was nabbed in Rajasthan Tuesday.
Yesterday, the divers had found the murder weapon and a gunny bag with bangles and bones from the canal in Jaloda village near Jodhpur. The police drivers have also recovered two country-made pistols from the bag.
A team of the Central Forensic Science Laboratory (CFSL) on Friday sent the ashes collected from a site in Jodhpur to New Delhi for a DNA test to ascertain if they were the remains of Bhanwari Devi, while a court extended the custody of sacked Rajasthan minister Mahipal Maderna, arrested for his alleged role in her disappearance.
Bhanwari Devi, allegedly shown in a compromising position with Maderna in a CD, had gone missing on September 1, 2011.
The CSFL team arrived in Jodhpur Thursday along with CBI director A.P. Singh after the investigators Wednesday identified the spot where the nurse`s body was allegedly disposed after her abduction Sep 1.
It is alleged that Bhanwari was burnt and her remains were then dumped in a nearby canal.
In a chargesheet filed by the CBI, it was alleged that three men kidnapped the nurse from Jodhpur`s Bilara area Sep 1, killed her and then handed over her body Bishnaram Bishnoi.
According to sources close to the CBI, Maderna and Malkhan Singh were hand-in-glove in the conspiracy as the nurse was blackmailing both of them.
Maderna was believed to be blackmailed on the basis of a CD showing him in a compromising position with the nurse.
The two politicians allegedly roped in Sahiram Bishnoi, who hired Sohan Lal, Balia and Shahabuddin for the task of kidnapping the nurse.
Apart from Maderna and Malkhan Singh, the three kidnappers and Sahiram along with Amarchand, husband of Bhanwari Devi, have been arrested by the CBI.
The CBI also arrested Malkhan`s brother Parasram Bishnoi as well as two others - Umesharam and Omprakash Bishnoi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee?
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part II
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part III
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part IV
- Are central govt employees justified in demanding salary hike?
- Despite ban, 15 alcohol factories still active in Bihar?
- 7th Pay Commission: How it will benefit central govt employees and pensioners!
- VIDEO: Brett Lee sledged Zaheer Khan while he was batting. What happened next will blow your mind!
- Delhi High Court notice to CBI in Chhota Rajan fake passport case
- Stunning model 'Miss BumBum' uses Instagram to persuade Lionel Messi to reconsider retirement – WATCH pics