Bhanwari: Husband tried to escape from questioning
Jodhpur: Amar Chand, the husband of missing
nurse Bhanwari Devi Amar Chand on Wednesday allegedly attempted to
escape from the CBI questioning centre here when confronted
with some disturbing questions by the sleuths regarding the
case of alleged abduction.
Sources in the agency said he was immediately overpowered
but remained uncooperative during the questioning session.
The officials said he has not been arrested so far and
they carried on with the questioning session with him later.
CBI has started probing the activities of Amar Chand and
is not ruling out his role in the entire episode, they said.
It called him for questioning today at the circuit house
here but during most of the session his answers could not
convince the sleuths.
It is alleged that Amar Chand was present at Pipda on
September 1, the day Bhanwari Devi went missing.
Bhanwari Devi went missing on September 1. Amar Chand had
alleged she was kidnapped at the behest of sacked Rajasthan
Minister Mahipal Maderna who has been arrested by the agency.
Maderna, who was sacked from Ashok Gehlot cabinet on
October 16 after his name cropped up in the case, is a key
suspect in the case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Watch: Tracing the journey of Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Live: Supporters pay last respects to Jayalalithaa at Rajaji Hall; cremation today evening
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: AIADMK member from Cuddalore dies after seeing news about Tamil Nadu CM's cardiac arrest