Bhanwari: Husband tried to escape from questioning
Jodhpur: Amar Chand, the husband of missing
nurse Bhanwari Devi Amar Chand on Wednesday allegedly attempted to
escape from the CBI questioning centre here when confronted
with some disturbing questions by the sleuths regarding the
case of alleged abduction.
Sources in the agency said he was immediately overpowered
but remained uncooperative during the questioning session.
The officials said he has not been arrested so far and
they carried on with the questioning session with him later.
CBI has started probing the activities of Amar Chand and
is not ruling out his role in the entire episode, they said.
It called him for questioning today at the circuit house
here but during most of the session his answers could not
convince the sleuths.
It is alleged that Amar Chand was present at Pipda on
September 1, the day Bhanwari Devi went missing.
Bhanwari Devi went missing on September 1. Amar Chand had
alleged she was kidnapped at the behest of sacked Rajasthan
Minister Mahipal Maderna who has been arrested by the agency.
Maderna, who was sacked from Ashok Gehlot cabinet on
October 16 after his name cropped up in the case, is a key
suspect in the case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- After prayers at Jagannath Temple, PM Narendra Modi inaugurates IOCL project at Paradip refinery