Bhanwari: Malkhan, Sahi Ram`s custody ends
Jodhpur: The CBI again interrogated sacked Rajasthan Minister Mahipal Maderna`s wife Leela Maderna and Congress legislator Malkhan Bishnoi`s son on Sunday in connection with the disappearance of nurse Bhanwari Devi, agency sources said.
The probe agency questioned Maderna`s wife for about two hours and interrogated Malkhan`s son Mahendra Bishnoi till late evening.
Leela and Malkhan`s three sons were last questioned by the CBI on December 19.
While Maderna was arrested on December 3, Congress MLA Malkhan was arrested on December 19 for their alleged involvement in the case.
Malkhan and key accused Sahi Ram`s initial CBI custody will expire today. Both will be produced before the court today, where the CBI may seek extension of Sahi Ram`s custody, they said.
Meanwhile, sleuths of the investigating agency are scouting those places where they suspect the corpse of Devi could be buried.
Based on the inputs gathered after interrogation of Om Prakash Bishnoi, brother of absconding suspect Bishna Ram Bishnoi, the CBI sleuths are carrying out searches with the help of a "special device", they said.
Bishna Ram is suspected to have taken the possession of Bhanwari Devi`s body from Sohan Lal and Shahabuddin on September 1, for disposing it.
A CBI team yesterday camped at Jaloda village and areas in its surrounding adjacent, and searched for possible clues.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living