Bhanwari murder: No takers for Indra Bishnoi`s home
Johdpur: Nine months after a CBI court ordered attachment of properties of Indra Bishnoi, an accused in murder of Bhanwari Devi, no one turned up during the auctioning of her house by the authorities on Monday.
Bishnoi has been declared a proclaimed absconder by the court and carries a cash award of Rs 5 lakh.
The auction of her Saraswati Nagar residence was scheduled for today and `tahsildar`, with his staff, reached the nearby PHED office, where the auction was to be carried out, sources said.
From 10.00 am till 5.00 pm nobody turned up to purchase the house, tahsildar Gopal Parihar said.
"I will now submit a report to the court and district magistrate to this effect and follow their orders," said Parihar.
The reserved price for the auction of the house was kept at Rs 70. 80 lakh, keeping in view the assessment of the building by the PWD and the DLC rate of the land, as calculated by the Sub-registrar office, he said.
According to a property dealer, it was apparent from the very beginning that nobody will turn up for taking part in the auction as a DD of 2 per cent amount (1.42 lakh), as the security deposit, was to be submitted by all those participating in the auction.
"The other main reason is the criminal background and political influence of Indra Bishnoi," he said.
Meanwhile, today, the District Judge (Metropolitan) also rejected Bishnoi`s revision petition, challenging the court`s decision of declaring her proclaimed absconder and ordering of attachment and auction of her property.
"If she wants the court to hear this petition, which is pending in the ACJM (CBI Cases) court, she will have to appear in the court on November 26," told senior special counsel for CBI, Ashok Joshi.
Indra, sister of arrested MLA Malkhan Singh Bishnoi who is another accused in the case, has been on the run for almost one year and was declared an absconder on January 11 by the CBI court.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister