Bhanwari murder: No takers for Indra Bishnoi`s home
Johdpur: Nine months after a CBI court ordered attachment of properties of Indra Bishnoi, an accused in murder of Bhanwari Devi, no one turned up during the auctioning of her house by the authorities on Monday.
Bishnoi has been declared a proclaimed absconder by the court and carries a cash award of Rs 5 lakh.
The auction of her Saraswati Nagar residence was scheduled for today and `tahsildar`, with his staff, reached the nearby PHED office, where the auction was to be carried out, sources said.
From 10.00 am till 5.00 pm nobody turned up to purchase the house, tahsildar Gopal Parihar said.
"I will now submit a report to the court and district magistrate to this effect and follow their orders," said Parihar.
The reserved price for the auction of the house was kept at Rs 70. 80 lakh, keeping in view the assessment of the building by the PWD and the DLC rate of the land, as calculated by the Sub-registrar office, he said.
According to a property dealer, it was apparent from the very beginning that nobody will turn up for taking part in the auction as a DD of 2 per cent amount (1.42 lakh), as the security deposit, was to be submitted by all those participating in the auction.
"The other main reason is the criminal background and political influence of Indra Bishnoi," he said.
Meanwhile, today, the District Judge (Metropolitan) also rejected Bishnoi`s revision petition, challenging the court`s decision of declaring her proclaimed absconder and ordering of attachment and auction of her property.
"If she wants the court to hear this petition, which is pending in the ACJM (CBI Cases) court, she will have to appear in the court on November 26," told senior special counsel for CBI, Ashok Joshi.
Indra, sister of arrested MLA Malkhan Singh Bishnoi who is another accused in the case, has been on the run for almost one year and was declared an absconder on January 11 by the CBI court.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- MPs spend more than Rs 25 cr taxpayers' money on study tours: DNA reports
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown