Bhanwari murder: No takers for Indra Bishnoi`s home
Johdpur: Nine months after a CBI court ordered attachment of properties of Indra Bishnoi, an accused in murder of Bhanwari Devi, no one turned up during the auctioning of her house by the authorities on Monday.
Bishnoi has been declared a proclaimed absconder by the court and carries a cash award of Rs 5 lakh.
The auction of her Saraswati Nagar residence was scheduled for today and `tahsildar`, with his staff, reached the nearby PHED office, where the auction was to be carried out, sources said.
From 10.00 am till 5.00 pm nobody turned up to purchase the house, tahsildar Gopal Parihar said.
"I will now submit a report to the court and district magistrate to this effect and follow their orders," said Parihar.
The reserved price for the auction of the house was kept at Rs 70. 80 lakh, keeping in view the assessment of the building by the PWD and the DLC rate of the land, as calculated by the Sub-registrar office, he said.
According to a property dealer, it was apparent from the very beginning that nobody will turn up for taking part in the auction as a DD of 2 per cent amount (1.42 lakh), as the security deposit, was to be submitted by all those participating in the auction.
"The other main reason is the criminal background and political influence of Indra Bishnoi," he said.
Meanwhile, today, the District Judge (Metropolitan) also rejected Bishnoi`s revision petition, challenging the court`s decision of declaring her proclaimed absconder and ordering of attachment and auction of her property.
"If she wants the court to hear this petition, which is pending in the ACJM (CBI Cases) court, she will have to appear in the court on November 26," told senior special counsel for CBI, Ashok Joshi.
Indra, sister of arrested MLA Malkhan Singh Bishnoi who is another accused in the case, has been on the run for almost one year and was declared an absconder on January 11 by the CBI court.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference