Bhanwari: Raj Police arrested man on false charge
Jaipur: Rajasthan Police Thursday arrested a man who had filed a complaint in a court here three days ago against Rajasthan Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot for not taking timely action against some legislators who were allegedly involved in the murder of nurse Bhanwari Devi, his lawyer said.
The man`s lawyer alleged Thursday that the man - Krishna Kukkar, a social activist - was arrested on false charges.
The man was arrested by police on charges of provoking a constable against his seniors in Sriganganagar district Thursday, some 500 km from here.
The constable, Anil Godara, has been staging demonstration for past one month against the district superintendent of police Rupindar Singh after he was transferred.
Police said that Kukkar and some others had been provoking the constable which is against the law.
Kukkar had filed the complaint against Chief Minister Gehlot in the court of special chief judicial magistrate (CBI cases) Monday for not taking timely action against some legislators who were allegedly involved in the murder of nurse Bhanwari Devi.
The Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) has arrested sacked Rajasthan minister Mahipal Maderna and Congress legislator Malkhan Singh Bishnoi for their alleged role in the kidnapping and murder of Bhanwari Devi Sept 1 last year.
The nurse had allegedly prepared a CD showing Maderna in a compromising position with her and was blackmailing the politician.
Kukkar, in his complaint claimed that Bhanwari Devi had approached Gehlot at his Civil Lines residence here before her kidnapping and murder, and apprised him of the situation, said the complaint`s lawyer AK Jain.
However, Gehlot did not take timely action against the minister and the legislator, which led to her murder, Jain said.
The complaint is to come up for hearing April 16.
"Kukkar`s arrest has come three days after he filed the complaint. It is vengeful act," said Jain.
- DNA: Analysis of Mumbai's juvenile home sting operation
- DNA: Analysis of Mumbai's juvenile home sting operation - Part II
- J&K: Teams named after militants in cricket tournament
- Laser walls activated along Indo-Pak border to keep vigil against terrorists
- Haji Ali Dargah row: Trupti Desai wants support of Aamir, Salman, SRK
- AFC Cup: Mohun Bagan, Bengaluru FC confirm knockout round berths
- Puducherry polls: AINRCs first list of 21 candidates includes CM Rangasamy
- Chopper scam: Willing to come to India and face probe, says AgustaWestland middleman Christian James Michel
- Pro-Afzal event at JNU: Kanhaiya Kumar, others begin indefinite strike against punishment
- Meghalaya CM's wife, Sangma's son file nomination papers for Tura Lok Sabha bypoll