Bhanwari: Raj Police arrested man on false charge
Jaipur: Rajasthan Police Thursday arrested a man who had filed a complaint in a court here three days ago against Rajasthan Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot for not taking timely action against some legislators who were allegedly involved in the murder of nurse Bhanwari Devi, his lawyer said.
The man`s lawyer alleged Thursday that the man - Krishna Kukkar, a social activist - was arrested on false charges.
The man was arrested by police on charges of provoking a constable against his seniors in Sriganganagar district Thursday, some 500 km from here.
The constable, Anil Godara, has been staging demonstration for past one month against the district superintendent of police Rupindar Singh after he was transferred.
Police said that Kukkar and some others had been provoking the constable which is against the law.
Kukkar had filed the complaint against Chief Minister Gehlot in the court of special chief judicial magistrate (CBI cases) Monday for not taking timely action against some legislators who were allegedly involved in the murder of nurse Bhanwari Devi.
The Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) has arrested sacked Rajasthan minister Mahipal Maderna and Congress legislator Malkhan Singh Bishnoi for their alleged role in the kidnapping and murder of Bhanwari Devi Sept 1 last year.
The nurse had allegedly prepared a CD showing Maderna in a compromising position with her and was blackmailing the politician.
Kukkar, in his complaint claimed that Bhanwari Devi had approached Gehlot at his Civil Lines residence here before her kidnapping and murder, and apprised him of the situation, said the complaint`s lawyer AK Jain.
However, Gehlot did not take timely action against the minister and the legislator, which led to her murder, Jain said.
The complaint is to come up for hearing April 16.
"Kukkar`s arrest has come three days after he filed the complaint. It is vengeful act," said Jain.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2, Chennai Super Kings vs Royal Challengers Bangalore: Preview
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- CBSE Class X Results 2015 to be announced today?
- Lalu Yadav invites Jitan Ram Manjhi for joint fight against BJP, JD(U) upset
- Littering, defacement to be made punishable offence
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 may not be announced today
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door