Bhanwari trial: Accused Reshma Bishnoi gets bail
Jodhpur: Rajasthan High Court on Thursday granted bail to Reshma Ram Bishnoi, an accused in Bhanwari Devi abduction and murder case.
Reshma, a close aide of main accused Indira Bishnoi, had moved bail application in the High Court, the arguments over which had been completed yesterday, but the court had kept the order reserved.
Justice Nirmal Jeet Kaur granted the bail to Reshma today.
While objecting the bail plea, CBI counsel Ashok Joshi argued that Indra Bishnoi was the master mind of the crime and Reshma was fully aware of the crime.
"He was present in the meeting held between Indra and another accused Sahi Ram Bishnoi on 25 July, 2011 after the news first aired in the media," Joshi told the court.
However, N K Bohra, counsel for Reshma, claimed that the CBI had implicated him because he was the neighbour and close to Indra Bishnoi.
"There was no evidence against him being involved in the crime," argued Bohra in the court.
He said that inspite of this, Reshma has spent one-and-a-half year in the jail.
Hearing the arguments from both sides, the court observed that Reshma had no direct involvement in the case and there was no evidence against him suggesting involvement in the crime.
Observing this, the court and granted bail to him.
He is the third accused to be granted bail in the case.
Before this, Paras Ram Bishnoi and Om Praksh Bishnoi have been granted bail. But, it was after the court had dropped non bailable charges against them in October last year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- Mathura rally: PM Modi's ten power-packed dialogues
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- UBSE Results 2015 (ubse.uk.gov.in): Uttarakhand 12th Result 2015 to be announced today at 11 AM
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced on May 28
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow