Bhanwari trial: Accused Reshma Bishnoi gets bail
Jodhpur: Rajasthan High Court on Thursday granted bail to Reshma Ram Bishnoi, an accused in Bhanwari Devi abduction and murder case.
Reshma, a close aide of main accused Indira Bishnoi, had moved bail application in the High Court, the arguments over which had been completed yesterday, but the court had kept the order reserved.
Justice Nirmal Jeet Kaur granted the bail to Reshma today.
While objecting the bail plea, CBI counsel Ashok Joshi argued that Indra Bishnoi was the master mind of the crime and Reshma was fully aware of the crime.
"He was present in the meeting held between Indra and another accused Sahi Ram Bishnoi on 25 July, 2011 after the news first aired in the media," Joshi told the court.
However, N K Bohra, counsel for Reshma, claimed that the CBI had implicated him because he was the neighbour and close to Indra Bishnoi.
"There was no evidence against him being involved in the crime," argued Bohra in the court.
He said that inspite of this, Reshma has spent one-and-a-half year in the jail.
Hearing the arguments from both sides, the court observed that Reshma had no direct involvement in the case and there was no evidence against him suggesting involvement in the crime.
Observing this, the court and granted bail to him.
He is the third accused to be granted bail in the case.
Before this, Paras Ram Bishnoi and Om Praksh Bishnoi have been granted bail. But, it was after the court had dropped non bailable charges against them in October last year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- DNA: Why depression cases are increasing rapidly in India?
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- Pune Test: Virender Sehwag could have saved India from embarrassment, says former Aussie stars