Bharatpur DM, 3 other officials booked for murder
Bharatpur (Rajasthan): A court here has directed the police to register a case of murder against District Magistrate Neeraj K Pawan and three other officials in connection with the death of an elderly woman during anti-encroachment drive in 2005.
The court of Additional Chief Judicial Magistrate gave the direction to Mathura Gate police station yesterday.
Pawan, who was posted in the district as Sub Divisional Magistrate in 2005, had led an anti-encroachment drive in the city.
An elderly woman had died allegedly during the drive and after that her family members had held the officer responsible for the death.
The case was registered against the then medical officer, accountant and a clerk of a hospital along with Pawan, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok