Bharatpur: Police targeted minority community
Jaipur: An NGO on Monday alleged that Bharatpur violence was due to collusion between police and members of Gujjar community which left eight members of Muslim community
dead and several others injured.
"There are many aspects that point to a collusion between the local people, an aggressive section of the Gujjar community and some local leaders of Hindu outfits," Kavita
Srivastava, general secretary, People`s Union for Civil Liberties (PUCL) Rajasthan, told reporters here.
"Most of the deaths took place inside a mosque, so there is compelling reason to think that one particular community was targeted in firing," she said referring to the findings of
a fact-finding team of the organisation.
Meanwhile, Bharatpur SP Vikas Kumar described the situation as peaceful and said efforts were on to restore normalcy.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy?
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part II
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part III
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part IV
- Panel discussion over India's bid for NSG
- 78 dead, 200 badly hurt in extreme weather in eastern China
- Watch this interesting movie-like trailer for NASA's Juno mission!
- Pakistan-North Korea nuclear trade being tracked by Indian intelligence agencies: Report
- Rousseff ex-minister arrested in Brazil graft probe