Bharatpur: Police targeted minority community
Jaipur: An NGO on Monday alleged that Bharatpur violence was due to collusion between police and members of Gujjar community which left eight members of Muslim community
dead and several others injured.
"There are many aspects that point to a collusion between the local people, an aggressive section of the Gujjar community and some local leaders of Hindu outfits," Kavita
Srivastava, general secretary, People`s Union for Civil Liberties (PUCL) Rajasthan, told reporters here.
"Most of the deaths took place inside a mosque, so there is compelling reason to think that one particular community was targeted in firing," she said referring to the findings of
a fact-finding team of the organisation.
Meanwhile, Bharatpur SP Vikas Kumar described the situation as peaceful and said efforts were on to restore normalcy.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fresh plea in SC against triple talaq system
- Consumers will be compensated for unscheduled power cuts: Delhi CM Kejriwal
- Shocking! Man dies performing stunt in moving train in Mumbai
- China planning to stretch its Nepal rail link to Bihar: Report
- National child helpline number '1098' now launched in 25 languages!
- US clears reimbursement fund for Pakistan for ''anti-terrorism efforts''
- Unmissable! Deepika Padukone in an all-black outfit from 'xXx: The Return Of Xander Cage' sets—Pics
- US questions India-Iran Chabahar port deal
- IPL 2016: Superman AB de Villiers does it again, takes RCB into final with incredible 79-run knock vs GL
- Mbose.in & Megresults.nic.in MBOSE Tura Class 12th HSSLC Arts Results 2016 Meghalaya Board announced