Bharatpur violence: Raj govt forms commission
Jaipur: The Rajasthan government on Thursday issued
a notification to constitute an inquiry commission headed by a
retired judge of Rajasthan High Court Sunil Kumar Garg.
The commission will probe the circumstances which led to
the firing and loss of human lives and damage to public
Nine members belonging to the minority community were
killed and several injured in the recent Gopalgarh violence in
Bharatpur district with leaders of various political parties
blaming the district administration and police for the
They also claimed that the clashes took place between Mev
Muslim and Gujjar community people due to "administrative
According to the notification, the commission will submit
its report within three months.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- Watch: CM Yogi Adityanath's first speech in UP Assembly house
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- India vs Australia: Virat Kohli takes reconciliatory path, says his friendship comment was 'blown out of proportion'
- Sunil Grover joining AIB? Here’s the truth
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users