Bhutan`s couple accorded royal welcome at Jodhpur
Jodhpur: Bhutan`s King Jigme
Khesar Namgyel Wangchuck and his newlywed queen Jetsun Pema
Wangchuck on Saturday visited Mehrangarh fort here as the guest of
the royals of Jodhpur.
The Bhutanese royal couple arrived Jodhpur last night and
were taken to Umaid Palace, where they were accorded a
traditional welcome before being accommodated in the Maharani
The erstwhile ruler of Jodhpur, Gaj Singh, threw a gala
dinner in the honour of the newly-wed couple.
Earlier in the day, Gaj Singh and the curator of the fort
Karni Singh Jasole took the Bhutanese couple to a brief tour
of Mehrangarh fort.
The couple was awe-struck with the magnificence of the
15th century fort and could not resist expression the feeling.
After their brief sojourn of Jodhpur, the Bhutanese king
and queen left for Udaipur, the last destination of their
honeymoon trip to the princely state of Rajasthan where they
came on a five-day visit.
This is the first abroad visit of Wangchuck after his
wedding on October 13 and the fourth trip to India since his
coronation in November 2008.
The couple reached India on a nine-day state visit on
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Maharajganj
- Are educational institutions becoming a tool to showcase anti-national agendas?
- 15-year old girl stabbed to death in Mumbai
- DU Student Clash : Confrontation among students becomes sensitive, AISA to carry flag march today
- DNA: Post demonetisation, India records 7% GDP growth rate in Q3
- Muslims should be cremated, there's no space to bury 20 cr people: BJP MP Sakshi Maharaj
- Yogeshwar Dutt takes a dig at Javed Akhtar after being called 'a hardly literate wrestler'
- No AC, mattress for Sasikala in prison, confirms DIG; may not be shifted to Chennai jail
- Gurmehar-ABVP ruckus: Virender Sehwag represents BCCI not India, says Umar Khalid