Bhutan`s couple accorded royal welcome at Jodhpur
Jodhpur: Bhutan`s King Jigme
Khesar Namgyel Wangchuck and his newlywed queen Jetsun Pema
Wangchuck on Saturday visited Mehrangarh fort here as the guest of
the royals of Jodhpur.
The Bhutanese royal couple arrived Jodhpur last night and
were taken to Umaid Palace, where they were accorded a
traditional welcome before being accommodated in the Maharani
The erstwhile ruler of Jodhpur, Gaj Singh, threw a gala
dinner in the honour of the newly-wed couple.
Earlier in the day, Gaj Singh and the curator of the fort
Karni Singh Jasole took the Bhutanese couple to a brief tour
of Mehrangarh fort.
The couple was awe-struck with the magnificence of the
15th century fort and could not resist expression the feeling.
After their brief sojourn of Jodhpur, the Bhutanese king
and queen left for Udaipur, the last destination of their
honeymoon trip to the princely state of Rajasthan where they
came on a five-day visit.
This is the first abroad visit of Wangchuck after his
wedding on October 13 and the fourth trip to India since his
coronation in November 2008.
The couple reached India on a nine-day state visit on
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Deepika Padukone, Vin Diesel in first ‘xXx: The Return of Xander Cage’ video – Watch
- Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa brought to Delhi, Army chief Dabir Singh visits RR hospital
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'
- How Lance Naik Hanumanthappa survived 6 days below 25 feet of snow in Siachen