Biennial election for 3 Rajya Sabha seats in Rajasthan on Feb 7
Jaipur: The biennial election on three seats of Rajya Sabha in Rajasthan which are set to fall vacant in April will be held on February 7, a CEO officer said on Friday.
BJP`s Om Prakash Mathur and Gyan Prakash Pilani, and Congress` Dr Prabha Thakur will retire on April 9, Additional Chief Election Officer Dr Rekha Gupta said.
The notification to election process would be made on January 21 and the last date of filing nominations would be three days later, she said.
The scrutiny of papers will take place on January 29, and the withdrawal of nominations would be allowed on the last day of the month, she said.
Polling will be held on February 7 from 9 AM to 4 PM and counting of votes will start on the same day from 5 PM, Gupta said adding, the election process would be completed by February 10.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- India, Bangladesh enclave residents get freedom after 68 years