Biennial election for 3 Rajya Sabha seats in Rajasthan on Feb 7
Jaipur: The biennial election on three seats of Rajya Sabha in Rajasthan which are set to fall vacant in April will be held on February 7, a CEO officer said on Friday.
BJP`s Om Prakash Mathur and Gyan Prakash Pilani, and Congress` Dr Prabha Thakur will retire on April 9, Additional Chief Election Officer Dr Rekha Gupta said.
The notification to election process would be made on January 21 and the last date of filing nominations would be three days later, she said.
The scrutiny of papers will take place on January 29, and the withdrawal of nominations would be allowed on the last day of the month, she said.
Polling will be held on February 7 from 9 AM to 4 PM and counting of votes will start on the same day from 5 PM, Gupta said adding, the election process would be completed by February 10.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video