Biennial election for 3 Rajya Sabha seats in Rajasthan on Feb 7
Jaipur: The biennial election on three seats of Rajya Sabha in Rajasthan which are set to fall vacant in April will be held on February 7, a CEO officer said on Friday.
BJP`s Om Prakash Mathur and Gyan Prakash Pilani, and Congress` Dr Prabha Thakur will retire on April 9, Additional Chief Election Officer Dr Rekha Gupta said.
The notification to election process would be made on January 21 and the last date of filing nominations would be three days later, she said.
The scrutiny of papers will take place on January 29, and the withdrawal of nominations would be allowed on the last day of the month, she said.
Polling will be held on February 7 from 9 AM to 4 PM and counting of votes will start on the same day from 5 PM, Gupta said adding, the election process would be completed by February 10.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Navjot Singh Sidhu diagnosed with DVT: Know about this life threatening disease!