Biennial election for 3 Rajya Sabha seats in Rajasthan on Feb 7
Jaipur: The biennial election on three seats of Rajya Sabha in Rajasthan which are set to fall vacant in April will be held on February 7, a CEO officer said on Friday.
BJP`s Om Prakash Mathur and Gyan Prakash Pilani, and Congress` Dr Prabha Thakur will retire on April 9, Additional Chief Election Officer Dr Rekha Gupta said.
The notification to election process would be made on January 21 and the last date of filing nominations would be three days later, she said.
The scrutiny of papers will take place on January 29, and the withdrawal of nominations would be allowed on the last day of the month, she said.
Polling will be held on February 7 from 9 AM to 4 PM and counting of votes will start on the same day from 5 PM, Gupta said adding, the election process would be completed by February 10.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested
- Mohammad Kaif takes a subtle dig at Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad after he hit Air India official with slippers