Bihar, Odisha, Rajasthan seek special status
New Delhi: The Planning Commission is examining the requests for Special Category Status made by Bihar, Odisha and Rajasthan, Parliament was informed Wednesday.
But Jharkhand was told in January that based on an integrated consideration of existing criteria, it does not qualify for the status, Minister of State for Planning Rajeev Shukla told the Lok Sabha.
"The requests of the other states ... are under examination by the Planning Commission," he said.
He said that Special Category Status has been granted in the past by the National Development Council to some states on the basis of several features.
He added that there was no proposal to review the norms relating to the Special Category Status to the states.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert