Bihar, Odisha, Rajasthan seek special status
New Delhi: The Planning Commission is examining the requests for Special Category Status made by Bihar, Odisha and Rajasthan, Parliament was informed Wednesday.
But Jharkhand was told in January that based on an integrated consideration of existing criteria, it does not qualify for the status, Minister of State for Planning Rajeev Shukla told the Lok Sabha.
"The requests of the other states ... are under examination by the Planning Commission," he said.
He said that Special Category Status has been granted in the past by the National Development Council to some states on the basis of several features.
He added that there was no proposal to review the norms relating to the Special Category Status to the states.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31