Bihar, Odisha, Rajasthan seek special status
New Delhi: The Planning Commission is examining the requests for Special Category Status made by Bihar, Odisha and Rajasthan, Parliament was informed Wednesday.
But Jharkhand was told in January that based on an integrated consideration of existing criteria, it does not qualify for the status, Minister of State for Planning Rajeev Shukla told the Lok Sabha.
"The requests of the other states ... are under examination by the Planning Commission," he said.
He said that Special Category Status has been granted in the past by the National Development Council to some states on the basis of several features.
He added that there was no proposal to review the norms relating to the Special Category Status to the states.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Give up terrorism and let’s talk', Sushma Swaraj's reply to Nawaz Sharif at UNGA
- Lalu Yadav attacks PM Modi over Mahatma Gandhi's assassination
- Whole world is worried about global warming and climate change, says PM Modi
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- World can now see consequences of Pakistan occupation in PoK: India
- Watch: Unbelievable! Kapil Sharma thrown out of Aishwarya Rai’s vanity van
- 1st T20: India vs South Africa – Players to watch out for
- Know who replaced Katrina Kaif in film opposite Jackie Chan
- Indrani Mukerjea's condition critical due to drug overdose; Maha govt orders inquiry