Bihar, Odisha, Rajasthan seek special status
New Delhi: The Planning Commission is examining the requests for Special Category Status made by Bihar, Odisha and Rajasthan, Parliament was informed Wednesday.
But Jharkhand was told in January that based on an integrated consideration of existing criteria, it does not qualify for the status, Minister of State for Planning Rajeev Shukla told the Lok Sabha.
"The requests of the other states ... are under examination by the Planning Commission," he said.
He said that Special Category Status has been granted in the past by the National Development Council to some states on the basis of several features.
He added that there was no proposal to review the norms relating to the Special Category Status to the states.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I know why Indrani Mukherjea murdered my sister Sheena: Mikhail Bora
- OROP issue: With no breakthrough in sight, Army veterans may meet PM Narendra Modi today
- Sheena Bora murder case: All that we know about Indrani Mukherjea
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukherjea's former husband, Sanjeev Khanna, arrested by Mumbai Police