Bihar, Odisha, Rajasthan seek special status
New Delhi: The Planning Commission is examining the requests for Special Category Status made by Bihar, Odisha and Rajasthan, Parliament was informed Wednesday.
But Jharkhand was told in January that based on an integrated consideration of existing criteria, it does not qualify for the status, Minister of State for Planning Rajeev Shukla told the Lok Sabha.
"The requests of the other states ... are under examination by the Planning Commission," he said.
He said that Special Category Status has been granted in the past by the National Development Council to some states on the basis of several features.
He added that there was no proposal to review the norms relating to the Special Category Status to the states.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof