Bikaner baby girl succumbs to father’s bite injuries
Jaipur: An infant baby girl, who was bitten off by her own father, succumbed to the injuries at a government hospital here on Wednesday morning.
The battered baby girl was admitted in Sawai Man Singh Government Hospital, where she underwent a plastic surgery for her face on Feb 1.
But her condition deteriorated yesterday night after which she was put on ventillator support today early morning.
"The condition of the baby deteriorated last night after she was breastfed by her mother.The milk entered into her lungs following which some complications developed and she was put on ventilator support but she died," Spokesperson of the Sawai Man Singh Government Hospital here said.
The 5-month old girl named Radha became a victim of her drunk father’s rage when a 36-year old Bahadur Singh bit off parts of her nose, lip and cheek last week after a tiff with his wife.
The incident took place last Thursday at Bahadur Singh’s house in Siyana village near Bikaner. In the heat of the moment, he beat up his 3-year old daughter Bhanwari and then bit his younger daughter Radha’s upper lip, nose and cheek in a fit of anger, said Anil Kumar Bishnoi, SHO of Kolayat police station.
Police said that the accused father will be charged with murder. He was arrested on Friday and is currently under judicial custody, police said adding he has been booked under sections 323 (voluntarily causing hurt), 324 (voluntarily causing hurt through dangerous weapons or means) and 341 (wrongful restraint) of IPC.
With PTI Inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- My News: People forced to pay for govt water tankers in Sangam Vihar
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Even 100 Rahul Gandhis cannot match PM Narendra Modi's mega wave: Shiv Sena
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi