Bikaner clash: Ex-par secy among 16 sent to JC
Bikaner: A former Rajasthan parliamentary
secretary and 16 others, who were arrested after a clash broke out between a mob and police over the death of a Dalit boy here, were on Tuesday remanded in judicial custody by a local
Former parliamentary secretary Govind Meghwal, who was
allegedly leading the mob, and the 16 others were arrested
yesterday on the charges of damaging public property, pelting
stones at police, among others.
Over 30 people, including policemen, were injured in stone
pelting and lathicharge during a demonstration here yesterday,
demanding action against policemen and compensation to the
family of a slain Dalit boy.
A youth - Kishan Lal - who went missing since February 17
was allegedly murdered and his body was found in a canal here
on February 26.
His family members and relatives said that he was missing
after police detained him on February 17 and accused three
policemen of local police post of killing him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof