Bill Clinton visits school kitchen, serves food to students
Jaipur: Former US president Bill Clinton on Wednesday visited the kitchen run by an NGO which provides food to a large number of children at government schools as part of the mid-day meal scheme.
Bill Clinton and his delegation were warmly received by the members of the NGO `Akshya Patra` at their kitchen at Jagatpura area here and later given a demonstration on how the food was prepared for thousands of school students.
Also See - IN PICS: Former US president Bill Clinton in India
He later visited a government school and interacted with the students, who gave a cultural presentation to welcome him.
Bill Clinton and his delegation, which arrived here on Monday night, also served food to the school children.
Jaipur and Lucknow are on the itinerary for Clinton as part of a visit to the Asia/Pacific during which the former US president is also scheduled to travel to Vietnam, Indonesia, Papua New Guinea and Australia to take stock of the work of the Clinton Foundation and deliver remarks at the 20th International AIDS Conference in Australia.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- BJP MLA Vikram Saini accused of voicing controversial statement
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Those ready to work 20 hours daily are welcome, rest can leave - UP CM Yogi Adityanath's message to govt officials
- India vs Australia: Ravindra Jadeja clobbers Steve O'Keefe, Nathan Lyon for sixes — VIDEO