Bill Clinton visits school kitchen, serves food to students
Jaipur: Former US president Bill Clinton on Wednesday visited the kitchen run by an NGO which provides food to a large number of children at government schools as part of the mid-day meal scheme.
Bill Clinton and his delegation were warmly received by the members of the NGO `Akshya Patra` at their kitchen at Jagatpura area here and later given a demonstration on how the food was prepared for thousands of school students.
Also See - IN PICS: Former US president Bill Clinton in India
He later visited a government school and interacted with the students, who gave a cultural presentation to welcome him.
Bill Clinton and his delegation, which arrived here on Monday night, also served food to the school children.
Jaipur and Lucknow are on the itinerary for Clinton as part of a visit to the Asia/Pacific during which the former US president is also scheduled to travel to Vietnam, Indonesia, Papua New Guinea and Australia to take stock of the work of the Clinton Foundation and deliver remarks at the 20th International AIDS Conference in Australia.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy?
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy? - Part II
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy? - Part III
- Pakistan Daily calls Nawaz Sharif's statement on Kashmir 'wishful thinking and unrealistic'
- Hungarian Grand Prix: Record fifth win sends Lewis Hamilton top
- Olympian predicts record medal haul from Indian shooters at 2016 Rio Games
- Watch video: NASA's SDO captures solar material bursting from the sun!
- Salaries to go up 10.7%, star performers to gain handsomely: Study