Bitty Mohanty handed over to Rajasthan police
Jaipur: A Kerala police team handed over former Odisha police chief`s son Bitti Mohanty, who jumped parole in 2006 while serving a sentence here for raping a German tourist, to local jail authorities in Jaipur.
Mohanty, the son of former Odisha DGP B B Mohanty, was brought to Jaipur on Saturday on production warrant and taken to the Central Jail, Rajasthan police said.
Jaipur Police will take Mohanty into custody for jumping parole after producing him in a local court on Monday, they said.
Mohanty was arrested for raping a German tourist in Rajasthan`s Alwar district on March 21, 2006 and convicted on April 12 the same year.
He was sentenced to seven years` imprisonment on rape charges and lodged in Jaipur jail. In November 2006, he secured parole to meet his ailing mother but did not return.
The Kerala Police could not give Mohanty to Rajasthan police`s custody earlier as their investigation was going on.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!