Bitty Mohanty handed over to Rajasthan police
Jaipur: A Kerala police team handed over former Odisha police chief`s son Bitti Mohanty, who jumped parole in 2006 while serving a sentence here for raping a German tourist, to local jail authorities in Jaipur.
Mohanty, the son of former Odisha DGP B B Mohanty, was brought to Jaipur on Saturday on production warrant and taken to the Central Jail, Rajasthan police said.
Jaipur Police will take Mohanty into custody for jumping parole after producing him in a local court on Monday, they said.
Mohanty was arrested for raping a German tourist in Rajasthan`s Alwar district on March 21, 2006 and convicted on April 12 the same year.
He was sentenced to seven years` imprisonment on rape charges and lodged in Jaipur jail. In November 2006, he secured parole to meet his ailing mother but did not return.
The Kerala Police could not give Mohanty to Rajasthan police`s custody earlier as their investigation was going on.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- How will Sonowal's govt solve problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam?
- How will Sonowal's govt solve the problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam - Part II
- How will Sonowal's govt solve the problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam? - Part III
- How will Sonowal's govt solve the problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam? - Part IV
- Batla House encounter: Congress under scrutiny as new IS video emerges
- Sensex logs first rise in five sessions on earnings lift
- Goa SSC (Class 10) Examination Results 2016 to be declared on May 25: (goaresults.nic.in) GBSHSE 10th board results, Goa Board (GBSHSE) SSC (Class 10) Examination Results 2016
- Best of your sex life begins at 40!
- Cristiano Ronaldo confident of Champions League glory despite injury scare
- Goa University Examination Results announced