BJP accuses Gehlot Govt of favouring firm, demands probe
Jaipur: Accusing Ashok Gehlot Government of extending undue benefits to a private firm involved in construction of luxury apartments here, BJP on Tuesday demanded a thorough probe into the issue.
BJP Secretary Kirit Somaiya alleged that rules were flouted by government authorities for providing necessary permissions to the firm for the project and demanded that documents related to it be made public.
"The company was favoured by the government and rules were flouted. Permission to construct a residential project on a land meant for institutional use is one of the irregularities," he alleged.
"The land use, where the project is being constructed, is shown as institutional in Master plan 2025 but the approval for a residential project was given. The Jaipur Development Authority, in order to favour the firm, claimed that land use was erroneously marked as `Institutional use` in the Master plan," the BJP leader alleged.
He said the party will go to the Governor with a complaint to seek a thorough probe into the alleged land scam.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’