BJP accuses Gehlot Govt of favouring firm, demands probe
Jaipur: Accusing Ashok Gehlot Government of extending undue benefits to a private firm involved in construction of luxury apartments here, BJP on Tuesday demanded a thorough probe into the issue.
BJP Secretary Kirit Somaiya alleged that rules were flouted by government authorities for providing necessary permissions to the firm for the project and demanded that documents related to it be made public.
"The company was favoured by the government and rules were flouted. Permission to construct a residential project on a land meant for institutional use is one of the irregularities," he alleged.
"The land use, where the project is being constructed, is shown as institutional in Master plan 2025 but the approval for a residential project was given. The Jaipur Development Authority, in order to favour the firm, claimed that land use was erroneously marked as `Institutional use` in the Master plan," the BJP leader alleged.
He said the party will go to the Governor with a complaint to seek a thorough probe into the alleged land scam.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Boon for SC/ST candidates? Birth, caste certificates likely to be merged