BJP accuses Gehlot Govt of favouring firm, demands probe
Jaipur: Accusing Ashok Gehlot Government of extending undue benefits to a private firm involved in construction of luxury apartments here, BJP on Tuesday demanded a thorough probe into the issue.
BJP Secretary Kirit Somaiya alleged that rules were flouted by government authorities for providing necessary permissions to the firm for the project and demanded that documents related to it be made public.
"The company was favoured by the government and rules were flouted. Permission to construct a residential project on a land meant for institutional use is one of the irregularities," he alleged.
"The land use, where the project is being constructed, is shown as institutional in Master plan 2025 but the approval for a residential project was given. The Jaipur Development Authority, in order to favour the firm, claimed that land use was erroneously marked as `Institutional use` in the Master plan," the BJP leader alleged.
He said the party will go to the Governor with a complaint to seek a thorough probe into the alleged land scam.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sonakshi Sinha apologises to Sarabjit, accused in Tilak Nagar case
- Sheena Bora murder: Mikhail to be brought to Mumbai for questioning
- Sheena Bora murder: Here's how the whole plan unfolded
- Sheena Bora murder spread over various cities
- Sheena Bora murder: Transit remand for Sanjeev Khanna; to be presented in court
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Ravi Shastri reveals truth behind MS Dhoni's sudden Test retirement!
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday