BJP accuses jailed Cong MLA of campaigning for brother
Jaipur: BJP on Monday wrote to the State Election Commission accusing MLA Babu Lal Nagar, jailed on rape charges, of sending voice message seeking votes for his brother who is contesting the forthcoming Assembly polls on a Congress ticket.
In its complaint filed with the Chief Election Officer, the party alleged that a voice message purportedly of Babu Lal was being delivered to voters on their mobile phones in Dudu Constituency, from where his brother Hazari Lal Nagar is contesting.
The recording of the message was also submitted to the CEC along with the complaint.
"The voice message appears to be recorded by Babu Lal Nagar. He is seeking vote for his brother Hazari Lal Nagar... This is an illegal practice because Babu Lal is in jail. How can he record this?" BJP`s election cell coordinator Yogendra Singh Tanwar questioned.
When contacted, Hazari Lal claimed the voice in the recorded message was his but not his brother`s.
"I exactly do not remember what is being said in the message, but the recording is in my voice," he said.
Babu Lal Nagar, former Rajasthan minister of state for dairy and rural industries was arrested by the CBI last month on charges of raping and assaulting a 35-year-old woman, and is currently under the judicial custody.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok