BJP alleges mining scam in Rajasthan
New Delhi: BJP on Thursday alleged that Rajasthan Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot is complicit in a mining scam in which irregular allotment of 39 mines, mostly to his relatives, took place and demanded his resignation.
"There is a new mining scam in Rajasthan. The UPA government is giving a new scam every week. Ashok Gehlot is involved in the scam in which rules were changed in 2012. Mines were given away without any formal transfer. Out of 39 such mines, 19 were given to Gehlot`s relatives," BJP spokesperson Prakash Javadekar told reporters.
The party alleged that the scam has caused a loss to the exchequer and it was done on Gehlot`s directions.
"We demand that Gehlot should resign and all allotment of mines should be cancelled," Javadekar said.
The main Opposition also demanded a court-monitored CBI inquiry into the issue.
Javadekar explained that BJP has trust in a CBI inquiry only when it is monitored by a court. He said CBI and NIA are the only probe agencies in the country and since NIA deals only with terror cases, the opposition is demanding that CBI investigate the case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy