BJP backs Rathore, demonstration on Saturday
Jaipur: Reacting sharply to the arrest of its
MLA Rajendra Rathore in Dara Singh fake encounter case, BJP Thursday announced state-wide protests and demonstrations on
"The party workers will stage dharnas and demonstrate in
all districts to protest against the arrest, which, he said,
was an example of how CBI is being misused by the Congress,"
the party`s state president Arun Chaturvedi told reporters in
the party office after Rathore`s arrest.
Chaturvedi said that the party stands by Rathore and
Leader of Opposition and former chief minister Vasundhara
Raje said that the UPA government was fully misusing the
agency for its political agenda.
"We have examples of CBI`s misuse in Gujarat, Uttar
Pradesh and Andhra Pradesh also. In Rajasthan, Rathore was
arrested on the ground of a baseless story and only on
direction of the Congress," she alleged.
The former chief minister also alleged that Rathore
was used as a tool for political rivalry.
Rathore, a close aide of Raje, before going to the CBI
office addressed a gathering at the party office in the
morning and said he was overwhelmed by the moral support of
Family members of the policemen who are accused in the
case and lodged in jail were also present in the meeting and
alleged that the cops were innocent.
Protesting Rathore`s arrest, members of the BJP Minority
cell blocked the road outside the party office.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Failed to secure confirmed reservation in train? Now you can travel in pantry car!
- Vladimir Putin rages as Turkey shoots down Russian plane