BJP cries foul over down-grading of Raje`s security
New Delhi/Jaipur: The BJP central leadership
on Tuesday flayed the Ashok Gehlot government in Rajasthan scaling
down Vasundhara Raje`s security, saying it should not be
protocol-based even as the former Rajasthan Chief Minister
dared the state administration to withdraw all her security.
"Security is not necessarily protocol-based. It is based
on threat perception and Raje, being a leading figure in
Rajasthan politics, should have been assessed accordingly,"
BJP spokesperson Rajiv Pratap Rudy said here.
Rajasthan government has downsized the security cover of
former Chief Minister Vasundhara Raje from top `Z` to `Y`
category after she quit as Leader of the Opposition.
Under `Y` category security, Raje - who is also BJP
National General Secretary - will be provided with an escort
of one to four guards and two personal security officers while
travelling in the state.
Earlier, under `Z plus` category security cover, she had
two PSOs round-the-clock and moved in a bullet proof car with
Sources in BJP said Raje has written to the state
government saying if it so desired, the scaled down `Y`
category security for her can also be withdrawn.
"The government has downgraded my security from `Z
Plus` to `Y` category. If the government wants, it can take
away this security also. I have already said that I am not
concerned even if I lose my life serving Rajasthan," she said
in her letter.
Rudy said "simply because she has stepped down as Leader
of the Opposition in the state assembly does not mean that her
security be downsized...Congress should show a large heart to
recognise the security needs of senior BJP leaders."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!