BJP cries foul over mining contracts in Nagaur district
Jaipur: BJP on Saturday questioned the process of awarding of two government mines in Nagaur district for exploitation by private players, saying that the arrangement was being effected in a "non-transparent" manner.
"The (awarding of the mines) is being done in a non-transparent manner as the condition in the tender fixed by the government suits to two specific cement companies; No other company can fulfil those requirements," said BJP leader Kirit Somaiya.
"One of the conditions is that the selected bidder for each block should either have his own cement plant or be ready to install one within a period of 24 months for captive use of limestone.
"Only two companies, which have cement plants here, can satisfy the stated conditions as setting up a cement plant within the given period is not possible," Somaiya alleged.
The state government, through the Rajasthan State Mines and Minerals Ltd, is disposing of two blocks of 400 hectare each in Nagaur district. The two blocks have deposits of chemical and white cement.
BJP had yesterday given a representation in this regard to the chief secretary.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SP leader seeks RS seat for Yakub's wife, sacked
- Political war of words erupts over Yakub Memon's execution
- Exclusive chat with Bajrangi Bhaijaan's Munni aka Harshaali Malhotra
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Mumbai: Woman pushed off from running local train by robbers
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security