BJP demands disqualification of 17 Congress MLAs from Raj
New Delhi: The BJP Friday demanded disqualification of 17 Congress MLAs from Rajasthan Assembly alleging that they have defied their party whip by voting for
BJP candidates in the Rajya Sabha elections.
BJP National Secretary Kirit Somaiya has written to the Election Commission seeking action against these MLAs for giving their second preference votes to BJP candidates Ram Jethmalani and V P Singh. Somaiya was party`s observer for the Rajasthan elections.
In a letter to the EC`s Special Observer for Rajasthan, K F Wilfred, Somaiah said, "We feel that these MLAs have violated the whip of their party. The motto/objective of
the 2003 amendment to the Representation of People Act 1951 is to bring discipline, transparency and .... against indiscipline and corrupt practices. Hence we want action".
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- DNA: America standing against old nemesis Russia rather than ISIS
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know