BJP demands disqualification of 17 Congress MLAs from Raj
New Delhi: The BJP Friday demanded disqualification of 17 Congress MLAs from Rajasthan Assembly alleging that they have defied their party whip by voting for
BJP candidates in the Rajya Sabha elections.
BJP National Secretary Kirit Somaiya has written to the Election Commission seeking action against these MLAs for giving their second preference votes to BJP candidates Ram Jethmalani and V P Singh. Somaiya was party`s observer for the Rajasthan elections.
In a letter to the EC`s Special Observer for Rajasthan, K F Wilfred, Somaiah said, "We feel that these MLAs have violated the whip of their party. The motto/objective of
the 2003 amendment to the Representation of People Act 1951 is to bring discipline, transparency and .... against indiscipline and corrupt practices. Hence we want action".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country
- Indian Army prepares to secure Arunachal Pradesh from China
- Prakash Javadekar rewrites history! Watch video to know what he said about Netaji, Nehru and Patel
- Amit Shah inaugurates BJP state core group workshop
- Ind-Ra upticks GDP forecast to 7.8%; growth on but not speedy
- Statue of Chandra Shekhar Azad vandalised in Haryana
- Fed up with heavy school bags, two students hold press meet to narrate woes - READ