BJP demands disqualification of 17 Congress MLAs from Raj
New Delhi: The BJP Friday demanded disqualification of 17 Congress MLAs from Rajasthan Assembly alleging that they have defied their party whip by voting for
BJP candidates in the Rajya Sabha elections.
BJP National Secretary Kirit Somaiya has written to the Election Commission seeking action against these MLAs for giving their second preference votes to BJP candidates Ram Jethmalani and V P Singh. Somaiya was party`s observer for the Rajasthan elections.
In a letter to the EC`s Special Observer for Rajasthan, K F Wilfred, Somaiah said, "We feel that these MLAs have violated the whip of their party. The motto/objective of
the 2003 amendment to the Representation of People Act 1951 is to bring discipline, transparency and .... against indiscipline and corrupt practices. Hence we want action".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Second French church attacker was known to police: Report
- US confirms journalist jailed by China is American citizen
- Tom Hanks, Meg Ryan reunite for her directorial debut
- Home flight simulator in MH370 captain's home plotted Indian Ocean course: JACC
- This video will send shivers down your spine! Watch how people cross a raging river in Uttarakhand