BJP demands disqualification of 17 Congress MLAs from Raj
New Delhi: The BJP Friday demanded disqualification of 17 Congress MLAs from Rajasthan Assembly alleging that they have defied their party whip by voting for
BJP candidates in the Rajya Sabha elections.
BJP National Secretary Kirit Somaiya has written to the Election Commission seeking action against these MLAs for giving their second preference votes to BJP candidates Ram Jethmalani and V P Singh. Somaiya was party`s observer for the Rajasthan elections.
In a letter to the EC`s Special Observer for Rajasthan, K F Wilfred, Somaiah said, "We feel that these MLAs have violated the whip of their party. The motto/objective of
the 2003 amendment to the Representation of People Act 1951 is to bring discipline, transparency and .... against indiscipline and corrupt practices. Hence we want action".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- What's the motive behind politicising Yakub Memon's death penalty?
- Lalu Prasad Yadav calls PM Modi ''Kans'', BJP ''Bharat Jalao Party''
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY