‘BJP doesn’t pursue `Ram` as its political agenda’
Jaipur: BJP on Tuesday asserted that Lord Ram is
not its political agenda and sought support of all communities
to come together to build a magnificent Ram temple in Ayodhya.
"Ram is neither the issue of politics nor the agenda of
BJP, this is the symbol of our cultural history. BJP does not
want to politicise the issue," Gadkari said at a press
"As far as the Ram temple is concerned, I would say all
communities should come forward to build a magnificent temple
of Lord Rama because it is associated with cultural and
historical background," he said.
To a question, Gadkari said, "The relations between the
BJP and RSS are quite good and there are no differences
between the two at any level."
Highlighting the progress in the BJP-ruled states,
Gadkari claimed that all such states are prospering well under
the party`s rule.
"GDP, growth rate and per capita income in all the BJP-
ruled states are progressive as compared to Congress-ruled
states. We are satisfied and happy that such states are
performing well, because the party insists on good governance
and transparency," he said.
He highlighted the public distribution system (pds) in
Chhattisgarh, agricultural growth in Karnataka, and several
other works done by Madhya Pradesh and Gujarat governments.
Gadkari expressed confidence in former Rajasthan chief
minister Vasundhara Raje and said the party would contest the
next assembly polls under the leadership of Raje and the
party`s state president Arun Chaturvedi.
"Raje has done a good job during her tenure as the chief
minister of Rajasthan. I observed that she has got good
support and people still remember works done during her rule.
Now, the party would contest next elections under the
leadership of both Raje and (BJP state chief) Chaturvedi," he
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- China doesn't recognise 'illegal' McMahon Line: Beijing responds to NSA Ajit Doval
- CBSE 10th Results 2015 to be declared on May 27
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- Is there life after death?
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- UBSE Results 2015 (ubse.uk.gov.in): Uttarakhand 12th Result 2015 to be announced today at 11 AM
- Check WBBSE (wbresults.nic.in) Class 12th Results: West Bengal Board (wbscvet.org) Higher Secondary Class XII Vocational Results declared