‘BJP doesn’t pursue `Ram` as its political agenda’
Jaipur: BJP on Tuesday asserted that Lord Ram is
not its political agenda and sought support of all communities
to come together to build a magnificent Ram temple in Ayodhya.
"Ram is neither the issue of politics nor the agenda of
BJP, this is the symbol of our cultural history. BJP does not
want to politicise the issue," Gadkari said at a press
"As far as the Ram temple is concerned, I would say all
communities should come forward to build a magnificent temple
of Lord Rama because it is associated with cultural and
historical background," he said.
To a question, Gadkari said, "The relations between the
BJP and RSS are quite good and there are no differences
between the two at any level."
Highlighting the progress in the BJP-ruled states,
Gadkari claimed that all such states are prospering well under
the party`s rule.
"GDP, growth rate and per capita income in all the BJP-
ruled states are progressive as compared to Congress-ruled
states. We are satisfied and happy that such states are
performing well, because the party insists on good governance
and transparency," he said.
He highlighted the public distribution system (pds) in
Chhattisgarh, agricultural growth in Karnataka, and several
other works done by Madhya Pradesh and Gujarat governments.
Gadkari expressed confidence in former Rajasthan chief
minister Vasundhara Raje and said the party would contest the
next assembly polls under the leadership of Raje and the
party`s state president Arun Chaturvedi.
"Raje has done a good job during her tenure as the chief
minister of Rajasthan. I observed that she has got good
support and people still remember works done during her rule.
Now, the party would contest next elections under the
leadership of both Raje and (BJP state chief) Chaturvedi," he
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP