BJP gave undue benefits to Lalit Modi: Dhariwal
Jaipur: Hitting out at opposition BJP in Rajasthan, the state Parliamentary Affairs Minister Shanti Kumar Dhariwal on Thursday accused the party of extending undue benefits to former IPL chairman Lalit Modi during its rule.
While highlighting the achievements of the state government, Dhariwal told the state Assembly, "Congress worked for `aam admi` and fulfilled their needs but BJP, when it was
in power, saw `aam admi` in Lalit Modi and benefited him."
Following his remark, there was uproar by BJP members against it.
Dhariwal also criticised Anna Hazare`s anti-graft movement, saying it was backed by RSS. "Anna is not above Parliament," he said.
The minister said the Rajasthan government has announced a scheme for Indian origin youths living abroad under which concessions will be provided to them in air fare.
- IAF chopper sprinkles water to douse Uttarakhand forest fires; Rajnath Singh reviews situation
- China may reconsider stand on Pakistani terrorists Hafiz Saeed, Masood Azhar?
- F-16s right platform for Pakistan's counter terrorism war: US
- In fight against impeachment, Brazil President Dilma Rousseff tries to win left support
- Uttarakhand forest fire: IAF's chopper MI-17 takes off from Nainital to drop water in affected areas - WATCH