BJP has no material for Prez post: Gehlot
Jaipur: Rajasthan chief minister Ashok Gehlot today said that opposition BJP had no "material" for the posts of President and Vice President.
"BJP had to field an expelled Congress leader (P A Sangma) for the post of President and Jaswant Singh, who was expelled from BJP, for the Vice President`s post.
"This shows that the party has no `material` for the posts of President, Vice President and also for Prime Minister," Gehlot told reporters here today.
"Such is the condition of the main opposition party after 65 years of the independence," he added.
The chief minister said, "the election of President is one-sided in favour of Pranab Mukherjee. I would also thank West Bengal Chief Minister Mamta Banerjee for supporting Mukherjee. BJP should also have supported Mukherjee but they behaved in a manner as if the Presidential election was that of municipality election," he said.
He said from Rajasthan Mukherjee would get votes of the party MLAs and independent candidates who are supporting the government.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof