BJP has no material for Prez post: Gehlot
Jaipur: Rajasthan chief minister Ashok Gehlot today said that opposition BJP had no "material" for the posts of President and Vice President.
"BJP had to field an expelled Congress leader (P A Sangma) for the post of President and Jaswant Singh, who was expelled from BJP, for the Vice President`s post.
"This shows that the party has no `material` for the posts of President, Vice President and also for Prime Minister," Gehlot told reporters here today.
"Such is the condition of the main opposition party after 65 years of the independence," he added.
The chief minister said, "the election of President is one-sided in favour of Pranab Mukherjee. I would also thank West Bengal Chief Minister Mamta Banerjee for supporting Mukherjee. BJP should also have supported Mukherjee but they behaved in a manner as if the Presidential election was that of municipality election," he said.
He said from Rajasthan Mukherjee would get votes of the party MLAs and independent candidates who are supporting the government.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days