BJP leader Ramdas taunts Vasundra Raje
Jaipur: In an apparent jibe at former Rajasthan Chief Minister Vasundhara Raje, veteran BJP leader Ramdas Agrawal on Tuesday said the party is not synonymous with any leader.
"Towering leaders like Atal Bihari Vajpayee and L K Advani never made or promoted such workers who say that the party begins with A (Atal Bihari) and ends with A (Advani) but these days we hear that the party begins with `V` and ends with `V`," Agrawal said.
Without naming Vasundhara, he said the trend was dangerous.
"Party does not run Rajasthan with ABCD but with ideology. The party is not confined to specific leaders and workers should understand it," said Agrawal, a former RS MP.
He was addressing party workers on the occasion of former PM Atal Bihari Vajpayee`s birth anniversary which is being celebrated as `Sushashan Diwas` by the party.
"Vajpayee is a source of inspiration for all of us and we wish to see him addressing the nation once again... May God bless him," he said.
On the occasion, the party passed a resolution demanding capital punishment for the accused of Delhi gang rape case and amendments in law to ensure severe punishment to rapists.
Deputy leader of opposition in Rajasthan Vidhansabha Ghanshyam Tiwari, party`s state vice president Suman Sharma and others were also present in the function.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Know how much sex is enough for happiness
- Swaragini: Ragini gets caught in her own trap; Swara slaps her
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Shah Rukh Khan tweets about new ‘Dilwale’ song
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed