BJP leader`s son arrested for torturing wife over dowry
Udaipur: The son of a BJP leader has been
arrested for allegedly torturing his wife for dowry, police
said on Saturday.
Richa, the daughter-in-law of local BJP leader Karan
Singh Mogra alleged that her in-laws started harassing her for
dowry soon after her marriage with their son Siddarth on 13
February 2005, they said.
The woman lodged an FIR with Udaipur Police on 25
August against her in-laws after they turned her out of the
house in June last year when she failed to fulfill their
demand of Rs 50 lakh.
After investigations police nabbed Richa`s husband
today and a local court sent him to police custody for two
days, they said, adding, her mother-in-law Sudha Mogra was
also arrested yesterday but was released on bail today.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter