BJP leader`s son arrested for torturing wife over dowry
Udaipur: The son of a BJP leader has been
arrested for allegedly torturing his wife for dowry, police
said on Saturday.
Richa, the daughter-in-law of local BJP leader Karan
Singh Mogra alleged that her in-laws started harassing her for
dowry soon after her marriage with their son Siddarth on 13
February 2005, they said.
The woman lodged an FIR with Udaipur Police on 25
August against her in-laws after they turned her out of the
house in June last year when she failed to fulfill their
demand of Rs 50 lakh.
After investigations police nabbed Richa`s husband
today and a local court sent him to police custody for two
days, they said, adding, her mother-in-law Sudha Mogra was
also arrested yesterday but was released on bail today.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof