BJP leader`s son arrested for torturing wife over dowry
Udaipur: The son of a BJP leader has been
arrested for allegedly torturing his wife for dowry, police
said on Saturday.
Richa, the daughter-in-law of local BJP leader Karan
Singh Mogra alleged that her in-laws started harassing her for
dowry soon after her marriage with their son Siddarth on 13
February 2005, they said.
The woman lodged an FIR with Udaipur Police on 25
August against her in-laws after they turned her out of the
house in June last year when she failed to fulfill their
demand of Rs 50 lakh.
After investigations police nabbed Richa`s husband
today and a local court sent him to police custody for two
days, they said, adding, her mother-in-law Sudha Mogra was
also arrested yesterday but was released on bail today.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister