BJP misleading people for coming back to power: BJP
Jaipur: Rajasthan Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot on Sunday accused BJP of "misleading" people in order to come to power in the upcoming assembly elections, scheduled to be held later this year.
"BJP wants to come to power by making false promises. Earlier, people did not know about it but now they have been exposed," Gehlot, while addressing a public meeting in Ambapura in Udaipur, said.
"They (BJP leaders) said that their government gave government jobs to 10 lakh people but in fact the number of the state employees since independence has been between 6.5 lakh to 7 lakh," he alleged.
AICC General Secretary Mukul Wasnik, who was alos present on the occasion, said that "former chief minister Vasundhara Raje did nothing for the state and now it is irony that she is taking out `Suraj Sankalp Yatra`
PCC president Dr Chandrabhan were among the other prominent party leaders, who were present in the meeting.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley