BJP misleading people for coming back to power: BJP
Jaipur: Rajasthan Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot on Sunday accused BJP of "misleading" people in order to come to power in the upcoming assembly elections, scheduled to be held later this year.
"BJP wants to come to power by making false promises. Earlier, people did not know about it but now they have been exposed," Gehlot, while addressing a public meeting in Ambapura in Udaipur, said.
"They (BJP leaders) said that their government gave government jobs to 10 lakh people but in fact the number of the state employees since independence has been between 6.5 lakh to 7 lakh," he alleged.
AICC General Secretary Mukul Wasnik, who was alos present on the occasion, said that "former chief minister Vasundhara Raje did nothing for the state and now it is irony that she is taking out `Suraj Sankalp Yatra`
PCC president Dr Chandrabhan were among the other prominent party leaders, who were present in the meeting.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Political war of words erupts over Yakub Memon's execution
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Exclusive interview with APJ Abdul Kalam’s aide Srijan Pal Singh
- Russian aircraft Mi-28 crashes during an aerobatics show
- Shravan month begins, devotees throng Shiva temples
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security
- Manbir Kaur becomes first Sikh girl in Pakistan to top Class 10 exam