BJP MLAs move breach of privilege motion against media report
Jaipur: Rajasthan Assembly on Friday took up a Breach of privilege motion moved by two of the six BJP MLAs whose names figured in a national Hindi daily.
But Speaker Kailash Meghwal said that proceedings of privilege motion would be taken up, if required, after a probe.
During Zero Hour, two BJP MLAs Alka Singh and Banwari Lal?moved the breach of privilege motion against a news report which appeared in Jaipuri edition of the national Hindi daily alleging it had tarnished their image in the society.
Other BJP MLAs Arjun Lal, Ghanshyam Tiwari, and Amraram also opposed the news report which said that "MLAs were asking questions for their own benefits" with their comments.
However, Tiwari did not favour action on privilege motion saying it was the responsibility of the newspaper to publish clarification raised in the House as it was required under fair journalism spirit.
The Speaker announced that privilege motion of two MLAs on the news report would be probed prima facie, and based on the pros and cons the motion be taken up for proceedings, if required.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire