BJP MLAs move breach of privilege motion against media report
Jaipur: Rajasthan Assembly on Friday took up a Breach of privilege motion moved by two of the six BJP MLAs whose names figured in a national Hindi daily.
But Speaker Kailash Meghwal said that proceedings of privilege motion would be taken up, if required, after a probe.
During Zero Hour, two BJP MLAs Alka Singh and Banwari Lal?moved the breach of privilege motion against a news report which appeared in Jaipuri edition of the national Hindi daily alleging it had tarnished their image in the society.
Other BJP MLAs Arjun Lal, Ghanshyam Tiwari, and Amraram also opposed the news report which said that "MLAs were asking questions for their own benefits" with their comments.
However, Tiwari did not favour action on privilege motion saying it was the responsibility of the newspaper to publish clarification raised in the House as it was required under fair journalism spirit.
The Speaker announced that privilege motion of two MLAs on the news report would be probed prima facie, and based on the pros and cons the motion be taken up for proceedings, if required.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- DNA: Analyzing ground reality of life of poor and vagrant people in India
- DNA: Analysis of press conference between Rajnath Singh and Mehbooba Mufti on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Analysis of India's weaknesses in new inventions and discoveries
- DNA: Prasoon Joshi's hard-hitting poem depicting society's mentality towards females
- India responds to Pakistan's offer for talks, says will discuss only cross-border terror
- CAUGHT ON CAMERA: This man doesn't give a damn to traffic rules, threatens people on Noida roads; his car has VIP horn - WATCH
- Mercedes GLE 400 4MATIC petrol variant launched in India at Rs 74.9 lakh
- Attention parents! Childhood head injury may up mental illness, mortality risk
- My mom gets worried about controversies: Sonakshi Sinha