BJP MLAs move breach of privilege motion against media report
Jaipur: Rajasthan Assembly on Friday took up a Breach of privilege motion moved by two of the six BJP MLAs whose names figured in a national Hindi daily.
But Speaker Kailash Meghwal said that proceedings of privilege motion would be taken up, if required, after a probe.
During Zero Hour, two BJP MLAs Alka Singh and Banwari Lal?moved the breach of privilege motion against a news report which appeared in Jaipuri edition of the national Hindi daily alleging it had tarnished their image in the society.
Other BJP MLAs Arjun Lal, Ghanshyam Tiwari, and Amraram also opposed the news report which said that "MLAs were asking questions for their own benefits" with their comments.
However, Tiwari did not favour action on privilege motion saying it was the responsibility of the newspaper to publish clarification raised in the House as it was required under fair journalism spirit.
The Speaker announced that privilege motion of two MLAs on the news report would be probed prima facie, and based on the pros and cons the motion be taken up for proceedings, if required.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling