BJP MLAs move breach of privilege motion against media report
Jaipur: Rajasthan Assembly on Friday took up a Breach of privilege motion moved by two of the six BJP MLAs whose names figured in a national Hindi daily.
But Speaker Kailash Meghwal said that proceedings of privilege motion would be taken up, if required, after a probe.
During Zero Hour, two BJP MLAs Alka Singh and Banwari Lal?moved the breach of privilege motion against a news report which appeared in Jaipuri edition of the national Hindi daily alleging it had tarnished their image in the society.
Other BJP MLAs Arjun Lal, Ghanshyam Tiwari, and Amraram also opposed the news report which said that "MLAs were asking questions for their own benefits" with their comments.
However, Tiwari did not favour action on privilege motion saying it was the responsibility of the newspaper to publish clarification raised in the House as it was required under fair journalism spirit.
The Speaker announced that privilege motion of two MLAs on the news report would be probed prima facie, and based on the pros and cons the motion be taken up for proceedings, if required.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Akshay Kumar’s avatar in John Abraham, Varun Dhawan starrer ‘Dishoom’ will surprise you– See pic
- Bangladesh police storm militant hideout, kill 9 Islamist extremists in Dhaka
- Anita Hassanandani, Rohit Reddy’s Maldives trip will give you vacation goals- See Pics
- India will never forget sacrifices of soldiers: PM Narendra Modi on Kargil Vijay Diwas
- Flirt with the waves a la Lisa Haydon – Watch video