BJP MP demands probe into HPCL oil refinery issue
Barmer: A BJP MP from Rajasthan has demanded from the state government to investigate the oil refinery project with HPCL in the district which was started by the former Congress government.
BJP MP Sonaram has said there were indications, like missing of certain files, that something was wrong in the contract and it should be investigated properly by the present government to bring truth in the open.
The MP, a former Congress MLA, said that the land deals took place on large scale after the refinery was announced by the former Congress government and some political leaders were also involved in dealings hence the matter should be probed in detail.
The state`s share was just 26 per cent despite offering free infrastructure facilities in the project.
Chief Minister Vasundhara Raje in her Budget speech for 2014-15 had said that the previous government entered into an agreement with HPCL for setting up the complex and committed to give interest free annual loan of Rs 3,736 crore?per annum for a period of 15 years.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand