BJP needs to refrain from `negative politics`: Gehlot
Jaipur: Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot on Sunday asked BJP to refrain from "negative politics" while making statements against the projects of Rajasthan government and senior Congress leaders.
Gehlot slammed BJP leaders for the criticism of the free medicine scheme in the state saying, "Opposition should tell us which country has this kind of free medical care.
"BJP leader (state president Vasundhara Raje) should refrain from negative politics while making public statements. By terming the free medicines as poison distribution, the BJP leader is misleading the people."
Crores of patients were benefitted by the free medical treatment, medicines and diagnostic tests in the state-run hospitals, and 2.5 crore people are getting medical treatment every day, Gehlot told reporters after remembering late Nathu Ram Mirdha on his `Jayanti` at PCC headquarters here.
Since Congress government`s all flagship schemes were getting acclaimed and popular, BJP leaders were trying to "defame" the party by making false statements, he said.
BJP leaders should also control their language while making remarks against Congress President Sonia Gandhi and Vice President Rahul Gandhi, the Chief Minister said, adding the language of BJP leaders reflects their mentality.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- WATCH: MIRACLE! This fielder did the unthinkable during GL vs SRH Qualifier 2
- Marcus Rashford nets place in record books as England beat Australia 2-1
- India's NSG membership is not about arms, US tells Pakistan
- BSEB 12th Inter Arts Results 2016 : BSEB Bihar Board Intermediate Result 2016, BSEB 12th Vocational Results to be declared at biharboard.bih.nic.in, www.biharboard.net
- US snubs Pakistan, says India's entry to nuclear club is not about arms