BJP needs to refrain from `negative politics`: Gehlot
Jaipur: Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot on Sunday asked BJP to refrain from "negative politics" while making statements against the projects of Rajasthan government and senior Congress leaders.
Gehlot slammed BJP leaders for the criticism of the free medicine scheme in the state saying, "Opposition should tell us which country has this kind of free medical care.
"BJP leader (state president Vasundhara Raje) should refrain from negative politics while making public statements. By terming the free medicines as poison distribution, the BJP leader is misleading the people."
Crores of patients were benefitted by the free medical treatment, medicines and diagnostic tests in the state-run hospitals, and 2.5 crore people are getting medical treatment every day, Gehlot told reporters after remembering late Nathu Ram Mirdha on his `Jayanti` at PCC headquarters here.
Since Congress government`s all flagship schemes were getting acclaimed and popular, BJP leaders were trying to "defame" the party by making false statements, he said.
BJP leaders should also control their language while making remarks against Congress President Sonia Gandhi and Vice President Rahul Gandhi, the Chief Minister said, adding the language of BJP leaders reflects their mentality.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- RIP Amma: When Jayalalithaa sang one of her favourite songs, that too in Hindi - WATCH