BJP sacks Jaswant`s son from national executive
New Delhi: BJP on Thursday sacked expelled party leader Jaswant Singh`s son Manvendra Singh from its National Executive in the wake of reports that he was campaigning against the party`s candidate Sonaram Chaoudhary in Barmer.
Manvendra, an MLA in Rajasthan, has been campaigning for his father and former Union Minister, contesting as an independent, and refraining from attending party meetings in favour of its official candidate.
BJP expelled Jaswant Singh for entering electoral fray in Barmer as an independent candidate against the party`s official nominee after he was refused the party ticket. BJP fielded Choudhary, a Congress defector, for Barmer LS seat.
The party`s Rajasthan unit had resented Manvendra`s actions of supporting a dissident leader and BJP state unit president Ashok Parnami had written to the party`s central unit seeking action against him.
As per the party`s constitution, the state unit of the party cannot initiate disciplinary action against a leader who is a member of the national executive.
Taking into consideration the recommendation of BJP`s Rajasthan party chief, BJP President Rajnath Singh decided to remove Manvendra Singh from the national executive, paving the way for further action against him.
In a letter to Parnami, BJP general Secretary J P Nadda today informed him of the party president`s decision of removing Manvendra from the national executive today evening.
The BJP Rajasthan unit is seeking strict action against Manvendra Singh for his "anti-party" activities in Barmer and seeking his expulsion from the party, sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra addresses people of Haryana
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- OMG! Young girl borrows phone from unknown people to send 'mujra' ladies for clients - WATCH what happens next
- PM Narendra Modi brings water to parched Saurashtra region in Gujarat
- Afghanistan deports 250 Pakistanis due to border tension
- India test fires Scramjet engine, joins elite club of nations
- Trupti Desai enters Haji Ali Dargah in Mumbai; says happy that no one objected us