BJP sacks Jaswant`s son from national executive
New Delhi: BJP on Thursday sacked expelled party leader Jaswant Singh`s son Manvendra Singh from its National Executive in the wake of reports that he was campaigning against the party`s candidate Sonaram Chaoudhary in Barmer.
Manvendra, an MLA in Rajasthan, has been campaigning for his father and former Union Minister, contesting as an independent, and refraining from attending party meetings in favour of its official candidate.
BJP expelled Jaswant Singh for entering electoral fray in Barmer as an independent candidate against the party`s official nominee after he was refused the party ticket. BJP fielded Choudhary, a Congress defector, for Barmer LS seat.
The party`s Rajasthan unit had resented Manvendra`s actions of supporting a dissident leader and BJP state unit president Ashok Parnami had written to the party`s central unit seeking action against him.
As per the party`s constitution, the state unit of the party cannot initiate disciplinary action against a leader who is a member of the national executive.
Taking into consideration the recommendation of BJP`s Rajasthan party chief, BJP President Rajnath Singh decided to remove Manvendra Singh from the national executive, paving the way for further action against him.
In a letter to Parnami, BJP general Secretary J P Nadda today informed him of the party president`s decision of removing Manvendra from the national executive today evening.
The BJP Rajasthan unit is seeking strict action against Manvendra Singh for his "anti-party" activities in Barmer and seeking his expulsion from the party, sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister