BJP sacks Jaswant`s son from national executive
New Delhi: BJP on Thursday sacked expelled party leader Jaswant Singh`s son Manvendra Singh from its National Executive in the wake of reports that he was campaigning against the party`s candidate Sonaram Chaoudhary in Barmer.
Manvendra, an MLA in Rajasthan, has been campaigning for his father and former Union Minister, contesting as an independent, and refraining from attending party meetings in favour of its official candidate.
BJP expelled Jaswant Singh for entering electoral fray in Barmer as an independent candidate against the party`s official nominee after he was refused the party ticket. BJP fielded Choudhary, a Congress defector, for Barmer LS seat.
The party`s Rajasthan unit had resented Manvendra`s actions of supporting a dissident leader and BJP state unit president Ashok Parnami had written to the party`s central unit seeking action against him.
As per the party`s constitution, the state unit of the party cannot initiate disciplinary action against a leader who is a member of the national executive.
Taking into consideration the recommendation of BJP`s Rajasthan party chief, BJP President Rajnath Singh decided to remove Manvendra Singh from the national executive, paving the way for further action against him.
In a letter to Parnami, BJP general Secretary J P Nadda today informed him of the party president`s decision of removing Manvendra from the national executive today evening.
The BJP Rajasthan unit is seeking strict action against Manvendra Singh for his "anti-party" activities in Barmer and seeking his expulsion from the party, sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- No liberal approach, mediation or compromise in rape cases: Supreme Court
- After Pankaja Munde, now Vinod Tawde accused of irregularities in awarding contracts in Maharashtra