BJP says Gehlot flouted Model Code of Conduct, demands action
Jaipur: The Rajasthan BJP on Wednesday filed a complaint against Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot, accusing him of flouting the Model Code of Conduct while delivering a speech in Jodhpur on November 3, and demanded immediate action against him.
In complaints filed with the Election Commission and the Rajasthan Chief Electoral Officer, the BJP alleged that Gehlot, who is the Congress candidate for Sardarpura in Jodhpur, had addressed people on a temple (Muhataji) premises during "Diwali Sneh Milan" and urged them to vote for him.
"The CM has not only asked the party workers to take care of his constituency, but also criticised the BJP in his speech," party spokesman Kailash Nath Bhatt said, quoting the complaint.
The CM`s participation and speech was in violation of the rules, he alleged, demanding immediate legal action against the CM. Elections to the Rajasthan Assembly will be held on December 1.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?