BJP says Gehlot flouted Model Code of Conduct, demands action
Jaipur: The Rajasthan BJP on Wednesday filed a complaint against Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot, accusing him of flouting the Model Code of Conduct while delivering a speech in Jodhpur on November 3, and demanded immediate action against him.
In complaints filed with the Election Commission and the Rajasthan Chief Electoral Officer, the BJP alleged that Gehlot, who is the Congress candidate for Sardarpura in Jodhpur, had addressed people on a temple (Muhataji) premises during "Diwali Sneh Milan" and urged them to vote for him.
"The CM has not only asked the party workers to take care of his constituency, but also criticised the BJP in his speech," party spokesman Kailash Nath Bhatt said, quoting the complaint.
The CM`s participation and speech was in violation of the rules, he alleged, demanding immediate legal action against the CM. Elections to the Rajasthan Assembly will be held on December 1.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Exclusive chat with Ranchi's visually challenged singer Tumpa Kumari
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K, one BSF jawan killed in Kupwara
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire
- 'Second Hand Husband' review: Fails to impress