BJP stages protest against Yasin Malik`s visit to Ajmer
Ajmer: BJP activists Friday staged a
protest against JKLF chairman Yasin Malik`s visit to Ajmer and demanded that the separatists leader be asked to leave the city.
BJP workers led by party MLA Vasudev Devnani burnt an
effigy and shouted slogans against Malik in front of a hotel
in Ganj locality where the JKLF chairman is staying for the last two days.
"We cannot tolerate the presence of anti-social
elements like Yasin Malik in the holy city," Devnani said,
adding, "We also submitted a memorandum to District Collector
Manju Rajpal demanding that Malik be asked to leave our city
"While BJP activists were stopped from unfurling the
national flag at Lal Chowk in Kashmir, an anti-national person
is roaming freely in the country and we are against it," the
Malik paid obeisance at the dargah of Sufi saint
Khwaja Moinuddin Chisti yesterday, sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- What is the motive behind 'unconditional talks' offer by Pakistan?
- Special report: Kashmiri Pandits recall their plight
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory