BJP stages walkout in Rajasthan Assembly
Jaipur: Opposition BJP on Thursday staged a walkout in the Rajasthan Assembly alleging that the state government has failed to provide sugar through public distribution system to BPL families in last one year.
The state and the Centre both have looted the BPL families by not providing them sugar on subsidised rate as the authorised sugar mill supposed to deliver the stock was
closed, acting leader of the Opposition G S Tiwari alleged.
"The Centre has not released the levy sugar quota nor the authorised sugar mill made it available to the state government for PDS," he said.
In his reply, Food and Civil Supply Minister Babulal Nagar said the authorised mill was closed for last one year and the state government has written a number of letters to
the Centre to solve the problem.
Expressing dissatisfaction, BJP members staged a walkout.
Agriculture Minister Harji Ram Burdak told the House that the alleged corruption deals and irregularities in national horticulture mission would be probed in next three months.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Muslim writer, accused of insulting God, attacked in Kerala
- Gujarat Dalit victims say 'gau rakshaks' could have burnt them alive
- OnePlus 3 Soft Gold edition hitting the stores today
- Baar Baar Dekho: Brand new ‘Kala Chashma’ still featuring Katrina Kaif, Sidharth Malhotra
- 1st Test, Day 1 – Sri Lanka vs Australia - As it happened...