BJP suspends MLA for remarks against Raje
Jaipur: BJP on Monday suspended a party MLA for
his alleged remarks against Leader of Opposition in Rajasthan
Assembly, Vasundhara Raje.
The party issued a show-cause notice to Hanuman Beniwal
yesterday and the decision to suspend him was taken today at a
party meeting chaired by state president Arun Chaturvedi here.
"We were getting repeated complaints against Beniwal for
his remarks against the party leaders so we decided to suspend
him," Chaturvedi said.
"He has been asked to submit his reply within seven days
and the matter will now be referred to disciplinary committee
for further action," he said.
Beniwal, at a function in Maharani Girls College on
Saturday, had accused Raje of being "corrupt" and challenged
Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot to take action against her.
A decision to launch a state-level campaign from December
13 to December 20 against the state government was also taken
in today`s meeting.
Chaturvedi said the Congress government in Rajasthan is
completing three years this month but its performance has been
"very poor" and this will be highlighted in the campaign.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday