BJP to boycott Rajasthan assembly session today
Jaipur: Opposition BJP would boycott assembly session on Friday and submit a representation to the Governor requesting her not to discontinue the current assembly session.
"We have been demanding a long session for debate of several important issues like Centre`s decision to allow FDI in retail, deteriorating law and order situation in the state among others but the government wants to wind up the session in just two days," Deputy Leader of Opposition Ghanshyam Tiwari told reporters today.
"BJP members will stage an hour long dharna in the assembly building tomorrow from 10 am and thereafter meet Governor and submit a representation carrying our demands," he said.
"We will go to the Governor and request her to not prorogate the session," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'