BJP to boycott Rajasthan assembly session today
Jaipur: Opposition BJP would boycott assembly session on Friday and submit a representation to the Governor requesting her not to discontinue the current assembly session.
"We have been demanding a long session for debate of several important issues like Centre`s decision to allow FDI in retail, deteriorating law and order situation in the state among others but the government wants to wind up the session in just two days," Deputy Leader of Opposition Ghanshyam Tiwari told reporters today.
"BJP members will stage an hour long dharna in the assembly building tomorrow from 10 am and thereafter meet Governor and submit a representation carrying our demands," he said.
"We will go to the Governor and request her to not prorogate the session," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand