BJP to boycott Rajasthan assembly session today
Jaipur: Opposition BJP would boycott assembly session on Friday and submit a representation to the Governor requesting her not to discontinue the current assembly session.
"We have been demanding a long session for debate of several important issues like Centre`s decision to allow FDI in retail, deteriorating law and order situation in the state among others but the government wants to wind up the session in just two days," Deputy Leader of Opposition Ghanshyam Tiwari told reporters today.
"BJP members will stage an hour long dharna in the assembly building tomorrow from 10 am and thereafter meet Governor and submit a representation carrying our demands," he said.
"We will go to the Governor and request her to not prorogate the session," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: PM Modi's 23rd edition of Mann ki Baat
- Vishal Dadlani apologises after tweet on Jain monk backfires
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- In awe of the Master! WATCH how Sakshi Malik requested Sachin Tendulkar to take a selfie with her brother
- Coal imports in July dip 11% to 18 MT
- Sania Mirza overcomes Rio failure; lifts the Connecticut Open trophy to gear up for US Open
- MASSIVE! Salman Khan's 'Sultan' celebrates 50 days in theatres – Details inside
- Vishal Dadlani apologises, quits politics after controversial Jain monk tweet