BJP to boycott Rajasthan assembly session today
Jaipur: Opposition BJP would boycott assembly session on Friday and submit a representation to the Governor requesting her not to discontinue the current assembly session.
"We have been demanding a long session for debate of several important issues like Centre`s decision to allow FDI in retail, deteriorating law and order situation in the state among others but the government wants to wind up the session in just two days," Deputy Leader of Opposition Ghanshyam Tiwari told reporters today.
"BJP members will stage an hour long dharna in the assembly building tomorrow from 10 am and thereafter meet Governor and submit a representation carrying our demands," he said.
"We will go to the Governor and request her to not prorogate the session," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- Obama vows support for Germany after Munich shooting
- Islamic State supporters hail deadly Munich shooting on social media
- 1st Test, Day 2 Report: Kohli double ton, Ashwin century put India in charge against West Indies
- Silicon Valley leads avalanche of quarterly reports
- UN backs plan to rid Libya of chemical weapons