BJP to form next government in Rajasthan: Survey
New Delhi: BJP is likely to form the next government in Rajasthan, a latest pre-poll survey says.
The survey claims that while ruling Congress is likely to get between 60 to 68 seats, BJP may secure 115-125 seats.
BJP`s vote share may rise by 6.7 per cent since 2008 polls whereas Congress` vote share may drop by 4.8 per cent, according to the survey.
It showed a sharp decline in people`s satisfaction with state govt. In July this year 65 per cent respondents were satisfied with state government, but it came down to 50 per cent in Oct 2013.
However, the survey said satisfaction with Ashok Gehlot`s performance as CM is much higher than with his government`s performance, but it is still less compared to what the satisfaction level had been with Vasundhara Raje in 2008.
It also shows 51 per cent respondents want a comeback of Vasundhara Raje as CM, while only 27 per cent people want Ashok Gehlot as CM.
According to the survey, a large section of people perceive UPA government as corrupt. It said 35 per cent respondents said UPA government is somewhat corrupt while 29 per cent respondents say UPA government is very corrupt.
The survey said that only 20 per cent respondents believe Manmohan Singh is a wise and effective Prime Minister, while 14 per cent respondents say Manmohan has little control over his government and 12 per cent respondents said Manmohan is wise but allowed corruption to flourish.
Twenty-six per cent of the respondents said honesty should be the most important quality for the next PM.
The survey revealed that most people believe Centre is more responsible than state governments for price rise.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- 15-year old girl stabbed to death in Mumbai
- DU Student Clash : Confrontation among students becomes sensitive, AISA to carry flag march today
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Gurmehar Kaur row: Girl who got 'Shiva stole' gift from PM Narendra Modi says she got rape threat from Congress politician
- Muslims should be cremated, there's no space to bury 20 cr people: BJP MP Sakshi Maharaj
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- Yogeshwar Dutt takes a dig at Javed Akhtar after being called 'a hardly literate wrestler'