BJP trying to tarnish image of Cong govt in Rajasthan: Gehlot
Jaipur: Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot on Monday accused the BJP of trying to tarnish the image of Rajasthan government by presenting a "wrong picture" of the state before the people.
"The previous BJP government led by Vasundhara Raje could have inititiated pro-people schemes, but failed to do so," he said while addressing public rallies in Sikar district.
He alleged the opposition BJP of presenting a wrong picture of the state before people.
"The Congress government has taken several steps for the overall development of Rajasthan," he claimed.
Gehlot held a meeting with senior officers and reviewed the progress of schemes like free medicines, shishu janani suraksha yojna, pension schemes and BPL housing schemes.
The chief minister also addressed public meetings under Congress Sandesh Yatra in Churu district and highlighted the schemes and programmes of the government.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analyzing ground reality of life of poor and vagrant people in India
- DNA: Analysis of press conference between Rajnath Singh and Mehbooba Mufti on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Analysis of India's weaknesses in new inventions and discoveries
- DNA: Prasoon Joshi's hard-hitting poem depicting society's mentality towards females
- DNA: Encouraging the traditional Indian habit of eating food with hands
- Bodoland groups to relaunch statehood agitation next week
- Claudio Bravo joins Manchester City as Joe Hart`s replacement
- Flood situation remains grim in Bihar, eases in Madhya Pradesh
- Don't let India use your soil against us, Pakistan tells Afghanistan
- Congress rushes in defence of 'sidelined' AAP Punjab convener