BJP will come back to power in Rajasthan: Nitin Gadkari
Udaipur: Former BJP President Nitin Gadkari on Tuesday expressed confidence that his party will come back to power in poll-bound Rajasthan.
Gadkari, who was here to address a public meeting of the first phase of the Suraj Sankalp Yatra, told reporters here that "if people want to see Rajasthan as a developed state, then they must bring back BJP to power".
Campaigning for the party during the yatra along with state BJP chief Vasundhara Raje, the BJP leader alleged that the Congress governments both at the Centre and state are involved in a slew of corruption scams.
The first phase of the Yatra, aimed at seeking public mandate in the upcoming Rajasthan Assembly polls, culminated in Udaipur here after covering 1,279 kms across 24 Assembly constituencies.
In the first phase of the yatra, which began on April 4 from Charbhuja temple in Rajsamand, Raje addressed 30 public meetings in Rajsamand, Udaipur, Dungarpur, Banswara, Pratapgarh and Chittorgarh districts.
The yatra`s second phase will begin after a gap of four days.
The Assembly elections are due in the state later this year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- DNA: Should strict action be taken against stone pelters of J&K?
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Here's why Donald Trump called PM Narendra Modi
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!