BJP will come back to power in Rajasthan: Nitin Gadkari
Udaipur: Former BJP President Nitin Gadkari on Tuesday expressed confidence that his party will come back to power in poll-bound Rajasthan.
Gadkari, who was here to address a public meeting of the first phase of the Suraj Sankalp Yatra, told reporters here that "if people want to see Rajasthan as a developed state, then they must bring back BJP to power".
Campaigning for the party during the yatra along with state BJP chief Vasundhara Raje, the BJP leader alleged that the Congress governments both at the Centre and state are involved in a slew of corruption scams.
The first phase of the Yatra, aimed at seeking public mandate in the upcoming Rajasthan Assembly polls, culminated in Udaipur here after covering 1,279 kms across 24 Assembly constituencies.
In the first phase of the yatra, which began on April 4 from Charbhuja temple in Rajsamand, Raje addressed 30 public meetings in Rajsamand, Udaipur, Dungarpur, Banswara, Pratapgarh and Chittorgarh districts.
The yatra`s second phase will begin after a gap of four days.
The Assembly elections are due in the state later this year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state