BJP will come back to power in Rajasthan: Nitin Gadkari
Udaipur: Former BJP President Nitin Gadkari on Tuesday expressed confidence that his party will come back to power in poll-bound Rajasthan.
Gadkari, who was here to address a public meeting of the first phase of the Suraj Sankalp Yatra, told reporters here that "if people want to see Rajasthan as a developed state, then they must bring back BJP to power".
Campaigning for the party during the yatra along with state BJP chief Vasundhara Raje, the BJP leader alleged that the Congress governments both at the Centre and state are involved in a slew of corruption scams.
The first phase of the Yatra, aimed at seeking public mandate in the upcoming Rajasthan Assembly polls, culminated in Udaipur here after covering 1,279 kms across 24 Assembly constituencies.
In the first phase of the yatra, which began on April 4 from Charbhuja temple in Rajsamand, Raje addressed 30 public meetings in Rajsamand, Udaipur, Dungarpur, Banswara, Pratapgarh and Chittorgarh districts.
The yatra`s second phase will begin after a gap of four days.
The Assembly elections are due in the state later this year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- Rajnath Singh to arrive in trouble-torn Kashmir on Saturday
- WOAH! Cristiano Ronaldo opens own 'CR7' hotel, gives name to airport
- Usain Bolt eases to victory, Kendra Harrison hurdles to glory
- Oil dives 2%, heads for weekly loss as US rigs rise
- German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at Munich shopping mall; police say he acted alone