BJP will come back to power in Rajasthan: Nitin Gadkari
Udaipur: Former BJP President Nitin Gadkari on Tuesday expressed confidence that his party will come back to power in poll-bound Rajasthan.
Gadkari, who was here to address a public meeting of the first phase of the Suraj Sankalp Yatra, told reporters here that "if people want to see Rajasthan as a developed state, then they must bring back BJP to power".
Campaigning for the party during the yatra along with state BJP chief Vasundhara Raje, the BJP leader alleged that the Congress governments both at the Centre and state are involved in a slew of corruption scams.
The first phase of the Yatra, aimed at seeking public mandate in the upcoming Rajasthan Assembly polls, culminated in Udaipur here after covering 1,279 kms across 24 Assembly constituencies.
In the first phase of the yatra, which began on April 4 from Charbhuja temple in Rajsamand, Raje addressed 30 public meetings in Rajsamand, Udaipur, Dungarpur, Banswara, Pratapgarh and Chittorgarh districts.
The yatra`s second phase will begin after a gap of four days.
The Assembly elections are due in the state later this year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 16-year-old Indian-origin boy finds cure for breast cancer treatment
- Heartbreaking! Denied medical help, 12-year-old UP boy dies on dad's shoulder
- Bihar: This boy risks his life to save four students from drowning!
- Panel discussion on insensitive behaviour of administration and govt towards common man
- PM Modi saved cameraman from being washed away in Gujarat
- Stopping exercise for 10 days decreases brain blood flow
- Learn it from Japan – It runs a train for single passenger! Know why
- Subramanian Swamy calls LG Najeeb Jung a “420 like Kejriwal”
- India's bid to join US alliance could irk China, Pakistan: Chinese media
- MUST WATCH: When Mahendra Singh Dhoni hit two monster sixes out of Florida stadium