BJP will come back to power in Rajasthan: Nitin Gadkari
Udaipur: Former BJP President Nitin Gadkari on Tuesday expressed confidence that his party will come back to power in poll-bound Rajasthan.
Gadkari, who was here to address a public meeting of the first phase of the Suraj Sankalp Yatra, told reporters here that "if people want to see Rajasthan as a developed state, then they must bring back BJP to power".
Campaigning for the party during the yatra along with state BJP chief Vasundhara Raje, the BJP leader alleged that the Congress governments both at the Centre and state are involved in a slew of corruption scams.
The first phase of the Yatra, aimed at seeking public mandate in the upcoming Rajasthan Assembly polls, culminated in Udaipur here after covering 1,279 kms across 24 Assembly constituencies.
In the first phase of the yatra, which began on April 4 from Charbhuja temple in Rajsamand, Raje addressed 30 public meetings in Rajsamand, Udaipur, Dungarpur, Banswara, Pratapgarh and Chittorgarh districts.
The yatra`s second phase will begin after a gap of four days.
The Assembly elections are due in the state later this year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- J&K: Teams named after militants in cricket tournament
- Laser walls activated along Indo-Pak border to keep vigil against terrorists
- Haji Ali Dargah row: Trupti Desai wants support of Aamir, Salman, SRK
- ISRO successfully launches IRNSS-1G into the orbit
- IRNSS-1G launch: It's a great gift to people of India from scientists, says PM Modi
- Check cgbse.nic.in, www.cgbse.net 10th HS Results 2016 Chhattisgarh CG Board, CGBSE today at 10 AM
- Pakistani Sikhs open temple after 73 years, risking attacks
- 20 killed in Syria regime strike on Aleppo
- Donald Trump vows `America first` foreign policy
- Salah Abdeslam slapped with terror charges over Paris attacks