BJP workers go on rampage at Jabalalpur Railway station
Jabalpur (Madhya Pradesh): Protesting
against the Railway budget, hundreds of BJP activists on Friday
torched an empty train, disrupted rail traffic and damaged
property at the railway station here.
"Around 500 activists entered the station and set afire
an engine of an empty train at platform number three, detained
Patna-Pune Express for over an hour and damaged rail
property," West Central Railway Chief Public Relation Officer
(CPRO) Piyush Mathur said.
Police used batons to disperse the protesters who
clashed with the security personnel, Government Railway Police
(GRP) source said. Rail traffic was disrupted for more than an
hour on the section.
Later, more than hundred protesters including BJP
MP from Jabalpur Rakesh Singh courted arrest to protest
against the rail budget. They were particularly unhappy with
the budget provision under which the bi-weekly Garib Rath that
runs between Jabalpur-Mumbai will now originate from Allahabad
with only a halt at Jabalpur.
The exact loss of property due to the violence was
being assessed, Mathur said.
Both the GRP and Railway Police Force (RPF) have
registered cases against unidentified persons in connection
with the violence.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- My News: People forced to pay for govt water tankers in Sangam Vihar
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Even 100 Rahul Gandhis cannot match PM Narendra Modi's mega wave: Shiv Sena
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi