BJP workers go on rampage at Jabalalpur Railway station
Jabalpur (Madhya Pradesh): Protesting
against the Railway budget, hundreds of BJP activists on Friday
torched an empty train, disrupted rail traffic and damaged
property at the railway station here.
"Around 500 activists entered the station and set afire
an engine of an empty train at platform number three, detained
Patna-Pune Express for over an hour and damaged rail
property," West Central Railway Chief Public Relation Officer
(CPRO) Piyush Mathur said.
Police used batons to disperse the protesters who
clashed with the security personnel, Government Railway Police
(GRP) source said. Rail traffic was disrupted for more than an
hour on the section.
Later, more than hundred protesters including BJP
MP from Jabalpur Rakesh Singh courted arrest to protest
against the rail budget. They were particularly unhappy with
the budget provision under which the bi-weekly Garib Rath that
runs between Jabalpur-Mumbai will now originate from Allahabad
with only a halt at Jabalpur.
The exact loss of property due to the violence was
being assessed, Mathur said.
Both the GRP and Railway Police Force (RPF) have
registered cases against unidentified persons in connection
with the violence.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Why did Indrani Mukerjea attempt suicide?
- Dadri lynching: Locals stop Arvind Kejriwal from entering Bisara village
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony
- Muslims banned from Garba in Gujarat's Mandvi; Hindus asked to sprinkle cow urine on themselves