BJP workers, miscreants clash at party meeting in Alwar
Alwar: Unruly scenes were witnessed after BJP workers and some miscreants clashed today at a party meeting here to discuss preparations for party`s state president Vasundhara Raje`s Suraj Sankalp Yatra.
Around a dozen people entered the meeting hall shouting slogans in support of Raje and BJP. However, they started shouting against the party as they proceeded to the dais where former minister Digambar Singh and other leaders were sitting, MLA Banwari Singhal said.
Party workers and the miscreants threw chairs at each other. Stones were pelted and a jeep parked outside the venue was also overturned, police said.
Partymen caught hold of five of the miscreants as they tried to flee and thrashed them, they said. Senior party MLA Digambar Singh said a report of the incident will be submitted to Raje and appropriate action against those found involved in the matter will be taken.
The meeting was held at a banquette hall in Araval police station area. Police have arrested five persons identified as Satish, Satish Kumar, Rajesh, Bhajan and Pritam.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31