BJP workers, miscreants clash at party meeting in Alwar
Alwar: Unruly scenes were witnessed after BJP workers and some miscreants clashed today at a party meeting here to discuss preparations for party`s state president Vasundhara Raje`s Suraj Sankalp Yatra.
Around a dozen people entered the meeting hall shouting slogans in support of Raje and BJP. However, they started shouting against the party as they proceeded to the dais where former minister Digambar Singh and other leaders were sitting, MLA Banwari Singhal said.
Party workers and the miscreants threw chairs at each other. Stones were pelted and a jeep parked outside the venue was also overturned, police said.
Partymen caught hold of five of the miscreants as they tried to flee and thrashed them, they said. Senior party MLA Digambar Singh said a report of the incident will be submitted to Raje and appropriate action against those found involved in the matter will be taken.
The meeting was held at a banquette hall in Araval police station area. Police have arrested five persons identified as Satish, Satish Kumar, Rajesh, Bhajan and Pritam.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- No bomb found on Turkish Airlines flight which made emergency landing in Delhi
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation
- Amartya Sen says Modi govt ousted him from Nalanda University
- Wimbledon 2015: Sania Mirza, Rohan Bopanna through to quarters, Paes' campaign ends