BJP workers, miscreants clash at party meeting in Alwar
Alwar (Rajasthan): Unruly scenes were witnessed after BJP workers and some miscreants clashed on Saturday at a party meeting here to discuss preparations for party`s state president Vasundhara Raje`s Suraj Sankalp Yatra.
Around a dozen people entered the meeting hall shouting slogans in support of Raje and BJP.
However, they started shouting against the party as they proceeded to the dais where former minister Digambar Singh and other leaders were sitting, MLA Banwari Singhal said.
Party workers and the miscreants threw chairs at each other. Stones were pelted and a jeep parked outside the venue was also overturned, police said.
Partymen caught hold of five of the miscreants as they tried to flee and thrashed them, they said.
Senior party MLA Digambar Singh said a report of the incident will be submitted to Raje and appropriate action against those found involved in the matter will be taken.
The meeting was held at a banquette hall in Araval police station area. Police have arrested five persons identified as Satish, Satish Kumar, Rajesh, Bhajan and Pritam.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- Aamir Khan's remarks on intolerance stir controversy; BJP slams, film fraternity split
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'