BJP workers, miscreants clash at party meeting in Alwar
Alwar (Rajasthan): Unruly scenes were witnessed after BJP workers and some miscreants clashed on Saturday at a party meeting here to discuss preparations for party`s state president Vasundhara Raje`s Suraj Sankalp Yatra.
Around a dozen people entered the meeting hall shouting slogans in support of Raje and BJP.
However, they started shouting against the party as they proceeded to the dais where former minister Digambar Singh and other leaders were sitting, MLA Banwari Singhal said.
Party workers and the miscreants threw chairs at each other. Stones were pelted and a jeep parked outside the venue was also overturned, police said.
Partymen caught hold of five of the miscreants as they tried to flee and thrashed them, they said.
Senior party MLA Digambar Singh said a report of the incident will be submitted to Raje and appropriate action against those found involved in the matter will be taken.
The meeting was held at a banquette hall in Araval police station area. Police have arrested five persons identified as Satish, Satish Kumar, Rajesh, Bhajan and Pritam.
- Premier League triumph: Leicester City's 'magic' hailed globally as the party goes on
- Funny video alert! ‘Housefull 3’ trio - Akshay Kumar, Abhishek Bachchan and Riteish Deshmukh - goes crazy
- Check jkbose.co.in for JKBOSE 12th Results 2016: Jammu and Kashmir Board Class 12 results declared
- AgustaWestland VVIP chopper deal: Manohar Parrikar to make statement in Parliament today
- IPL 2016: Unsold at auction, Hashim Amla signed by Kings XI Punjab as replacement for injured Shaun Marsh