BJP`s Sonaram Choudhary to file nomination from Barmer today
Zee Media Bureau/Ritesh K Srivastava
Barmer: BJP`s Sonaram Chaudhary will file his nomination papers from the Barmer Lok Sabha seat, which has been in news after senior BJP leader Jaswant Singh decided to contest as an Independent candidate after the party denied him ticket from here.
Rajasthan Chief Minister, who is believed to have backed Sonaram, will be present during the filing of nomination papers.
The two will later address a rally in Barmer.
Veteran BJP leader Jaswant Singh, who filed his nomination papers from Barmer as an independent candidate on Monday, said that he felt betrayed by top BJP leadership.
Addressing a rally in Barmer, the 76-year-old leader said, "I had suggested Vasundhara Raje`s name for Chief Minister (of Rajasthan), Rajnath Singh for BJP president. They have betrayed me."
"I have been an MP for nine terms and had told the BJP that these would be my last elections. I gave options for three constituencies to the party and my first preference was Barmer. But on March 19, I was suddenly informed that my name was not on the list...," said the former defence, finance and external affairs minister.
Referring to his unceremonious expulsion from the party in 2009 over his controversial book on Mohammed Ali Jinnah, Singh said, "I was unceremoniously ousted from the party without any intimation. Gadkari and Advani had asked me to join the party back but my family was not keen. Not even a peon is treated the way as I was."
"This isn`t my betrayal. It`s the BJP workers who have been betrayed," Jaswant said.
Singh made these remarks shortly after filing his nomination papers from Barmer seat.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- DNA analysis of rising water crisis in India!
- DNA: Delhi shop owners express their plight through Zee initiative 'My News'
- Watch: Zee Media mega survey on Modi govt- Part 2
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- Heatwave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- Death toll climbs to over 1400 as intense heatwave continues in India
- First look: Aamir Khan joins Shah Rukh to promote Salman's ‘Bajrangi Bhaijaan’