BJP`s Sonaram Choudhary to file nomination from Barmer today
Zee Media Bureau/Ritesh K Srivastava
Barmer: BJP`s Sonaram Chaudhary will file his nomination papers from the Barmer Lok Sabha seat, which has been in news after senior BJP leader Jaswant Singh decided to contest as an Independent candidate after the party denied him ticket from here.
Rajasthan Chief Minister, who is believed to have backed Sonaram, will be present during the filing of nomination papers.
The two will later address a rally in Barmer.
Veteran BJP leader Jaswant Singh, who filed his nomination papers from Barmer as an independent candidate on Monday, said that he felt betrayed by top BJP leadership.
Addressing a rally in Barmer, the 76-year-old leader said, "I had suggested Vasundhara Raje`s name for Chief Minister (of Rajasthan), Rajnath Singh for BJP president. They have betrayed me."
"I have been an MP for nine terms and had told the BJP that these would be my last elections. I gave options for three constituencies to the party and my first preference was Barmer. But on March 19, I was suddenly informed that my name was not on the list...," said the former defence, finance and external affairs minister.
Referring to his unceremonious expulsion from the party in 2009 over his controversial book on Mohammed Ali Jinnah, Singh said, "I was unceremoniously ousted from the party without any intimation. Gadkari and Advani had asked me to join the party back but my family was not keen. Not even a peon is treated the way as I was."
"This isn`t my betrayal. It`s the BJP workers who have been betrayed," Jaswant said.
Singh made these remarks shortly after filing his nomination papers from Barmer seat.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- LIVE: After surgical strikes by Indian Army, Nawaz Sharif says Pakistan wants peace
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’