BJP`s Sonaram Choudhary to file nomination from Barmer today
Zee Media Bureau/Ritesh K Srivastava
Barmer: BJP`s Sonaram Chaudhary will file his nomination papers from the Barmer Lok Sabha seat, which has been in news after senior BJP leader Jaswant Singh decided to contest as an Independent candidate after the party denied him ticket from here.
Rajasthan Chief Minister, who is believed to have backed Sonaram, will be present during the filing of nomination papers.
The two will later address a rally in Barmer.
Veteran BJP leader Jaswant Singh, who filed his nomination papers from Barmer as an independent candidate on Monday, said that he felt betrayed by top BJP leadership.
Addressing a rally in Barmer, the 76-year-old leader said, "I had suggested Vasundhara Raje`s name for Chief Minister (of Rajasthan), Rajnath Singh for BJP president. They have betrayed me."
"I have been an MP for nine terms and had told the BJP that these would be my last elections. I gave options for three constituencies to the party and my first preference was Barmer. But on March 19, I was suddenly informed that my name was not on the list...," said the former defence, finance and external affairs minister.
Referring to his unceremonious expulsion from the party in 2009 over his controversial book on Mohammed Ali Jinnah, Singh said, "I was unceremoniously ousted from the party without any intimation. Gadkari and Advani had asked me to join the party back but my family was not keen. Not even a peon is treated the way as I was."
"This isn`t my betrayal. It`s the BJP workers who have been betrayed," Jaswant said.
Singh made these remarks shortly after filing his nomination papers from Barmer seat.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Here's why Donald Trump called PM Narendra Modi
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!