Body of boy not found, rescue ops called off
Jaipur: The rescue operation to pull out body of a boy who fell into a 250-feet-deep borewell in Rajasthan`s Churu district was called off after it could not be spotted despite efforts for over 50 hours, police said on Thursday.
"No sign of the boy was found despite all attempts. Cameras were lowered but they reflected images of water only. The body has gone into the water and it could not be spotted," SHO Sandwa Rajesh Kumar said.
Defence spokesperson Col S D Goswami said, "After a relentless search and rescue operation for 52 hours by the Army, the civil administration decided late last night to de-requisition Army for continuance of the operation."
The SHO said some villagers had lowered a pipe into the borewell last night with a hook but it also broke inside the borewell, making the situation worst.
"The operation was discontinued because the body could not be spotted despite so many attempts," he said.
Goswami said the Army party had left for Bikaner in the morning.
The boy, Radhe Shyam fell into the borewell on Monday evening when he was trying to cross the over open shaft which was covered with a sack in Telap village.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Don't give any importance to Ramgopal Yadav's remarks: Mulayam Singh Yadav
- Watch: Report on delayed development in Ayodhya
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured