Body of boy not found, rescue ops called off
Jaipur: The rescue operation to pull out body of a boy who fell into a 250-feet-deep borewell in Rajasthan`s Churu district was called off after it could not be spotted despite efforts for over 50 hours, police said on Thursday.
"No sign of the boy was found despite all attempts. Cameras were lowered but they reflected images of water only. The body has gone into the water and it could not be spotted," SHO Sandwa Rajesh Kumar said.
Defence spokesperson Col S D Goswami said, "After a relentless search and rescue operation for 52 hours by the Army, the civil administration decided late last night to de-requisition Army for continuance of the operation."
The SHO said some villagers had lowered a pipe into the borewell last night with a hook but it also broke inside the borewell, making the situation worst.
"The operation was discontinued because the body could not be spotted despite so many attempts," he said.
Goswami said the Army party had left for Bikaner in the morning.
The boy, Radhe Shyam fell into the borewell on Monday evening when he was trying to cross the over open shaft which was covered with a sack in Telap village.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened